No announcement yet.

Big runabouts 40 ci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 Tahatsu with carbs not available in U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Dunn Racing View Post
      M50 Tahatsu with carbs not available in U.S.
      I was just thinking along those lines. How long will Tohatsu make these motors before they are no longer manufactured. It could be 10years or 10 days nobody knows.

Larry Mac

Comment

If you want to run the latest and greatest every year they have a class for you, it's called Pro class.
        Larry Mac

Comment

From a thread that started with Doc saying they were considering buying a Tohatsu & a Run.to fighting over the engines in the class. I am still the Tech Vp and I can assure you that their are no proposals concerning the class, nor have I heard of any that would affect the performance of anny of the engines. Lets stop the bull and as Rick said lets put our efforts into creating an even better 2015 racing season.
          Art K

Comment

I think Dave Mason has the right idea about not trying to fix what isn't really broke. I have always understood that NBRA says bring a rig and we'll find a place for you to run. No guarantees that you come and win but come and enjoy.

On the other hand APBA has spent a lot of time and energy over the years to run guys out by obsoleting good running motors "for the common good". The belief has been that if new motors are available a given class will grow. Using DSH as an example seems to prove that there are flaws in this logic. In 2007 the DSH class had 50 drivers that registered to race in the class during the year. By the years 2012, 2013, and 2014 there have been fewer than 30 drivers registered in any of these seasons. I'm glad to hear that the Tohatsu is increasingly popular in NBRA. Let nature take it's course and the old motors will disappear on their own.

Comment

We had 12 D Hydros both days in Jacksonville, our D classes are growing!!!!!!
              Keith Kampen

Comment

Originally posted by kampenracing View Post
                We had 12 D Hydros both days in Jacksonville, our D classes are growing!!!!!!
                Reason #1 to leave it alone! BTW Keith, congrats on your wins!
                Gardner Miller
                Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
                Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Sometimes I think people have to much time on their hands and think of ways to change for the better. What the NBRA is doing is working, go changing it to be more like APBA and you will have thiose same results. As long as I am involved with NBRA that will never happen. It is not broke, stop trying to fix something that is growing....

As for finding new race sites, I think the schedule right now has plenty of great sites, and some not so great sites. One thing the NBRA is very good at it racing where they are wanted, and sponsors are not hard to find when you go where they want you. It still takes a lot of effort on someones part though, that is the nature of the beast. I think both of these subjects have been beat to death.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• PROPDOC
                    PROPDOC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree.....on all points.

• runabout333
                    runabout333 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You ought to be thankfull that Larry and Kevin Mac haven't bought a 'hatsu as you would all still be chasing Kevin
                    around the course most of the time. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kevin,,, please have a great fall and winter.. Davey Viola

The 2014 High Points (NBRA) for DR are posted. I noticed 1st and 2nd place high points in DR are running Tohotsu engines....... A Merc 40 Mod finished 3rd. I think those results prove parity is not an issue in this class. Work hard to win and the Tohotsu will win as it is. It takes more than an engine to finish 1st, it takes a good hull, and a good results driven driver, and conistency. And the one factor a lot seem to forget is luck.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• runabout333
                    runabout333 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very well put Dave..
                Working...
                X