Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you Mod guys missing an opportunity to make NEW PARTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you Mod guys missing an opportunity to make NEW PARTS?

I know nothing about the Mod classes today, but don't you guys still run some classes with crossflow Mercurys such as 44s? Gene East, in a post over on BRF is offering (free, I think) the original Quincy patterns for casting exhaust filler blocks. Who does the casting and machine work for Mod guys? I would think somebody like that would be glad to have those patterns on a shelf in case they're ever needed. Gene says he's had the patterns available for four years with no takers.

Cliff Johnson would prob be the best bet, not sure tho if he needs them though.
    spider pig, spider pig, spider pig does what'ever a spider pig does.

Comment

There are currently a few pipe makers, and several make ones from rolling steel. For as small a niche market as those pipes would be, I am not sure it would pay to get a batch made. Someone like Vanwheele should get them and see about it as they already have a foundry to work with. Cliff has his own pattern of pipes modeled after I believe the O'Brian pipe. I would love to have these, but not enough start up capital to get a big batch made and sit on for while before they sell. I think the foundry here wanted 100 parts to even consider it.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Gene as already donated them to a museum!

Comment

They were for filler blocks, Dave, not pipes, which any welder can make. Sorry they're gone; now if someone needs a filler block, a new pattern must be made so that the filler block can be cast. Not all that hard, but the work had already been done. Oh well . . . .

(EDIT) Events having rendered this thread moot, maybe the site host could delete the whole thing . . . ??
          Last edited by Smitty; 08-28-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Sorry Smitty, I saw exhaust and a couple of replies and assumed pipes. I think it is great that these were donated to a museum. Original castings like that should be preserved for history ! Filler blocks we can find, Hustler, Cliff Johnson, and prolly a couple others have patterns.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

No big deal, take an old filler block make mods as needed attach it to a board and any sand cast guy can pour all u want.

Comment

Working...
              X