What Nationals are all about......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Nationals are all about......

Nationals were not all a piece of cake for this team.. I was ready to throw in the towel but folks jumped all over the boat and in two heats time the boat was ready to go.. Not water proof but good enough to get fourth overall.. These are the things a person will never forget.. Thank you goes to Jon Peterson, Rick Keller, Brian, Tristan, Mike Sattler, Dennis Keller and I hope I did not forget anyone..

I tell you what, It would of been really bad if I had dumped it returning to the pits.. It was that close and I was not waving to the fans like many thought.. I wanted folks to be ready with a cart.. Water was everywhere..
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Here is the damage before we start the rebuild

Comment

You need to take your repairs to the next level. They sell yellow, blue and white duct tape. I was making a repair to my wife's 200mod boat with classic Kentucky Chrome when she yells, "stop go use the blue tape!". A happy wife is a happy life.

Comment

The Nationals are all about PEOPLE......... and a little racing.

Congratulations to all.

Dean Hobart............................................ ..................................
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Mike, is the Jon Peterson you said helped repair your boat related to Steve Peterson from Tri Cities area of Washington?

Comment

Yes Jon is Steves son.. They were both at the race

Comment

Steve had Darren run his 850 mod...boy was that thing fast! Steve and his 2 sons Bryce and Jon are class acts....they would do anything under the sun to help you. Dave

Comment

So it's true what they say..."the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"... Steve was one of the kindest and most helpful racers I met and raced with in region 10. These are the things I still remember even though I retired from racing 20 years ago. The list of fine, generous racers that helped me and my kids in our racing effort is long. There was always a group of racers willing to lend a hand to repair a boat or motor whether it was Montana, Idaho, Washington or California. I never made it to a National competition...regretfully.

Comment

Truly a family, dysfunctional at times, but a very strong bonded family nevertheless! Neat pix, and kudos to all who helped. Congrats on the fourth place...water and all.

Comment

As long as it is not adjustable under way you are OK. Kidding great quick fix. I remember the days I raced (1970's) and received lots of help from a great group of racers and competitors in region 5. They would lend a BIG hand to get a boat back into competition. I miss it and the family atmosphere.
                    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
                    X