Washington State Fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Fires

I am sure most of you have seen the pictures of the devastation in Washington State due to all of the wildfires we have been having. One huge fire took out the town of Pateros, which in the past has hosted outboard races, and now has inboards run there in late August. SOA and Tacoma Inboard have set up a fund to help the residents there....something like 30 homes have been lost, with a population of around 600 people.....very very sad stuff. For a while the only way to get to Eastern Washington was to drive over Cayuse pass, close to Mt Rainier. or to drive down to Portland and go along the Columbia river in the east part of the state. I will put a link up to the fund drive for Pateros. Keep those folks in your thoughts.......

If you would like to send a donation you can send it to Jan Shaw (address below) or PayPal to Ana Cappelletti at hydrogirl07@hotmail.com. Jan and Ana (current Tacoma Inboard Commodore and current club who conducts a race in Pateros) are collecting for Pateros and pooling the money for one big donation from Region 10. This is a huge tragedy for the small area and only about 50 miles from Moses Lake, The site of the So/Mo/J 2014 nationals. I was there yesterday and the air is very smokey...
    13530 Cascadian Way Everett, WA 98208.
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Kinda Says it all....

The water is the Columbia River.
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

When SOA used to race in Pateros we would also run a 6 mile marathon to Brewster, WA then back. I remember doing it in a ASR. Brewster also used to hold a SOA race back in the day....

http://www.krem.com/home/Carlton-Com...267598651.html

Last edited by Racerkyle20; 07-19-2014, 07:15 PM.
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

Comment

Hey Kyle, right now I'm doing my two weeks training for the guard. They pulled us off training and activated us to fight the fires up in Pateros and Brewster. I just hope we get it contained enough so no more houses (est. 100+) are lost and I can make it to nationals. We were told that in less than 24 hours it spread over 100 sq. Miles.

Comment

The sign that you see burning is maybe 1/2 mile south of town....the inboard/outboard pits are just out of frame right in the town picture. From what I understand, the total amount of land area burned is about half the size of Connecticut...wow. You could actually see the plume of smoke from my house in Kirkland, just east of Seattle from another fire to the west of Pateros. Dave

Comment

I should ad that the total land area burned is from several fires, not the Pateros fire.

Comment

Working...
              X