about Arltralite boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about Arltralite boats

great news....Matt Arlt might be building boats again. He has solved the problem of the disproportionate expense of carbon fiber. he has saved up a lot of card board boxes and will now be building "carton fiber" boats. I figured ya'll would like to know.

Contact info/link ?
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

http://www.capecoralregatta.com/Index/BoatBuilding Matt's competition ...
      Maroney Racing

Comment

NEW APBA class?

Comment

100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post
            this post is a joke right ?? lololol
            Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
              great news....Matt Arlt might be building boats again. He has solved the problem of the disproportionate expense of carbon fiber. he has saved up a lot of card board boxes and will now be building "carton fiber" boats. I figured ya'll would like to know.
              That's funny!

On a serious note.... it would be a good thing for boat racing if Matt could start building boats again. He built very good boats.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

problem is now all classes save the 850 and or SE classes have weights now, if I am not mistaken so now time to get em built a lil heavy so 1 can keep it on the water and or not blow bottom out etc ..... guess it would be good for pro guys as well I don't think any of their classes have weight minimum except for the K Pro class and even then I am not sure of it
                Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                  HG; -I must get with Matt on this, as I just bought a 21' Kenmore frig,
                  and still have the cardboard box it came in;
                  -so that must be good for a D,,,or FE..?
                  An AX would be maybe, a 'bar frig' ?
                  So, would a MAYTAG be faster than a GE ..?

All above in jest , as Matt knows best,
                  when it comes to CF /
                  I was too late to get one from him, back when,
                  always wanted one .....
                  but a 'prophet is never known in his own land' .
                  bh/
                  'a believer '
                  Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                  "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Here's a serious question: Are the super light weight wood runabouts more reliable than the carbon Arlt or other builders' carbon runabouts? Wood vs Carbon, for the same weight. I seem to remember one arguement for minimum weight in F.E.R. was that the lightweight boats were not robust enough. Thanks.

Comment

the cartonfiber boat thing is really funny if you know Matt....he is a very serious guy and rarely says anything funny. In response to the serious question about reliability comparisons....be advised there is no comparison. At least one of Matts FERs has gone over with minimal damage. My own ten year old FEH has been over twice....once very hard from considerable altitude and it has not a crack in it. I have seen a few light wood versions just about disintegrate.

Comment

The DMR boat Val blew over at Rainbow City at full speed never suffered a scratch......unfortunately the same was not true for Val. It was the original Arlt orange FER hull Luce bought from Matt and is 100 percent carbon.

Team Mel (Mel Thomas) now has the Mia Fitzgerald Arlt BMH boat that we converted to a CSH!! The boat is a mixture of Carbon Fiber and wood and weighs a nice 122 pounds. The moral of the story is a boat doesn't have to be 'all' carbon fiber to be fast. Just our 2-cents.

Comment

Randy, a common misconception is that those carbon fiber boats are featherweight. That's not necessarily true.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                            Randy, a common misconception is that those carbon fiber boats are featherweight. That's not necessarily true.
                            That's true. It all depends on how much material you use. 9oz carbon or 6oz. How much glue? What kind of coring?

Pat and I have Matt's molds for the CSH. Aaron Salmon and I just finished building two boats side by side. They are two very different weights. I built mine with more material, doubled my cockpit sides with wood for extra strength, etc. Aaron's came out on the lighter end of 100lbs. My is just a bit over. BUT he built his for OSY-400 and I built mine for CSH. With me in boat with full gear and motor I weighed in at the last race at 429lbs. I still added 10lbs to make csh weight. That's perfect for me.

On a fun note, Aaron Salmon just won his first ever Championship with that carbon boat in Tennessee in OSY-400! Congrats to him! he worked his but off this winter.
                            Kyle Bahl
                            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post

David, that is very true. In fact, I would say go as far to say that the majority of the all carbon boats weigh in around the same weight as the wood boats of the same class. Some are even heavier. A lot of variables to be considered when building a mold boat. It is very easy to get in the mindset of it is carbon fiber and therfore it will be super light. It adds up very fast and you can get an all carbon boat way to heavy in a blink of an eye. As Kyle mentioned, the core material you use for the sandwhich varies. It is all about the strength to weight ratio you are looking for.

Hunter, what do your 850CCH boats that Matt built weigh in at ?
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X