MyChron 4 Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyChron 4 Setup

Anyone know how to set up the MyChron 4 to show the bar and plot graphs? Assume I can't currently access as I did not have lap divisions during my runs... is there a method for putting in a default time for laps (say 3 minutes for one lap) to establish a defacto lap period? I notice there is a setting to only recognize one IR beacon by time period but as we don't have IR beacons, wondering if there is a method to set up the MyChron to record data in three minute "Lap" periods to get the bar/plot function to show up. MyChron 4 works great (especially compared to the erroneous data the TinyTach gave me) but would like to see data in a plot format vice replaying entire heat. Thanks

Shane,
    There is a way to set the start point and record the laps. Reference 3.4 in the GPS USER MANUAL.
    Bill Thomas 36 R

Comment

• Shane_B
      Shane_B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bill - I don't have the GPS module (yet) but will look up the manual on line to see if I can do it without the GPS module. Does mention how to set MyChron to only pick up certain beacons based on time, wondering if that would work, Had thought about buying a beacon (they're cheap, only about $50 or less) and putting on the start barge since the MyCrhon comes with the IR reciever but notice the beacons only have a range of about 20m... Will play with it at Cullaby.

Call the Mychron Technical Support Help line...... They will help you.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Haven't used a Mychron in a while, but it has to do with the menu option that you select what type of racing you are doing. If you pick oval/circle track it will replay the run when you hit "Memory". If you pick "road racing" or maybe "sprint" option, it will allow you to see the plots you are looking for.

There was a bug in the firmware that changed this setting to "oval" automatically when firmware was updated. I believe AIM fixed this bug. With all the data stuff, make sure the firmware/software is up to date!

Getting a DataKey and downloading to RaceStudio2 is substantially more useful than the plots on the screen. You can split laps manually in your data files. There are also extended range beacons available.

Jay

Comment

Jay is KING MYCHRON!!!
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• AndersonV21
          AndersonV21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah.... After using my logger I can't stand them anymore! Haha

Which reminds me...I have to send that darn thing in so it is ready for you in Constantine...

Shane, I have a beacon transmitter for mychron I can bring to
        Cullaby if you want to try it
        Maroney Racing

Comment

Shane,
          The beacon can be located anywhere on the course. It's just a reference point showing a complete lap. At Cullaby it probably could be mounted at the end of the pier at the ramp.
          Bill

Comment

Thanks all - would like to try to set up the beacon at Cullaby if possible; I don't know if it will have enough range but worth the try. I'll also try the "Road Racing" function - still have to order a data key to transfer to my computer.

Comment

Working...
            X