Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Annual Harry Brinkman Memorial Regatta and APBA Driving School at Huntington IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Annual Harry Brinkman Memorial Regatta and APBA Driving School at Huntington IN

Racing season is already underway for most clubs, but the Indiana Outboard Associations season opener is only a couple weeks away. The IOA's 4th Annual Harry Brinkman Memorial Regatta in Huntington Indiana will be on the weekend of June 7 and 8. All modified classes will be on the schedule in addition to all C Race and Service classes, all J classes, OSY 400, BSR, BSH, CSH, DSH, and 302SSH. It will also be the North American Championships for 250cc mod runabout, 350cc mod hydro, and 400cc mod hydro and it will be the Divisional Championships for the C Service, C Race classes, and OSY400. The IOA is trying something new this year and is hosting the APBA driving school the Friday before the race starts.

On Friday June 6, the IOA will host the APBA driving school where participants will take a course that teaches the ins and outs of boat racing to newcomers. In addition to the course, participants will be able to actually drive an outboard hydroplane. We would like to personally give thanks to Michigan Hydroplane Racing Association for allowing the IOA to use their C stock hydro, A stock hydro, and J Hydro.
    The course costs $50 and will start at 10 a.m. and last til 1 p.m. After taking the course, participants will be able to drive the boat of their choice from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. We will accept up to 10 entries and it operates on a first come, first serve basis. As of right now we have three participants signed up.
    If you wish to sign up, either message me on hydroracer or send me an email at koschka41h@gmail.com. I will update the entry status as more people sign up. For directions to the lake, look at the APBA sanction at https://www.apba.org/internal/print_...p?EditID=12378

If you haven't been to Huntington before, I would highly recommend it. It is a great 3/4 mile oval course that has plenty of pit space on the waters edge. With the lake being recessed down in a gravel pit and trees surrounding the course, we usually never have any issues with wind. There is motorhome parking in the parking lot and hotel accommodations are less than 3 miles down the road and have plenty of restaurant choices nearby. This is one of my personal favorite race courses and I would encourage all that can to make a point to attend this race. Hope to see you all there!!

-Dan Koschka 41H

The North American Championships for 350cc mod runabout has been changed and will now be hosted at the 4th Annual Harry Brinkman Memorial Regatta in Huntington, IN on June 7.

Comment

So when will it be ran and where .so is 500mr and mh gonna be run because the sanction just reads modified.

Comment

All Modified outboard classes are scheduled to run both days at Huntington. If your asking about the North American Championships for 500, 500MH is scheduled to run at Eaton, Washington and 500MR is scheduled to run at Alexandria, Kentucky.

Huntington will sponsor North American Championships for 250MR, 350MH, 350MR (just added to sanction) and 400MH.

Hope you can attend! Should be a full field in 350MH and 500MH.

Comment

It doesn't look good for me this year. Son's summer school, family estate stuff, yuck!

This is a great little venue, good water and IOA is awesome.

Tim
          Tim Weber

Comment

Any 302 SSH coming?

Comment

• csh12M
              csh12M commented
              Editing a comment
              T.J. and Tom Sutherland will both have 302 rigs their. Just need one more.

George Ford 850mh will be there.5M

Comment

1 - 500MH
              1 - CSH
              Maybe OSY, if needed
              Last edited by Brian10s; 05-27-2014, 01:20 PM.
              Brian 10s

Comment

We hope to be there with 302SSH, CSH/OSY400 and AXH. May not be able to make Saturday, but likely Sunday.

Comment

I'll be there Saturday & Sunday.
                  -CSH (Pittman's 3-H)
                  -OSY (only if Brian races it also)

Jordy
                  Team Red

Comment

Let's go racing! North American Championship races will be held on Saturday.

Comment

What's Up Doc Racing Team will be there with 350R, 350H, 400H, 500R, 500H, and possible 20ssH, CSH and OSY (not sure what stock or pro classes were being run. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Rick Miller

Comment

Circular update

Note that a "local" APBA Pro class will be run at Huntington this weekend. That class will be "Antique B Racing Hydro ( SR hydro). The circular on APBA's web site now includes this detail - was originally listed as a "special event antique class".

Many thanks to Michigan hydro for assisting the IOA with our first drivers school on Friday. It's obvious to the IOA that this is the most successful method in getting new drivers into racing. Thanks again.

Bob Koschka

Comment

Working...
                        X