• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my......

Comment

When does this rule go into effect?

Comment

Now is what I voted for. Funny thing is I must have missed something. I looked at APBA high points and dont think I found anybody's name that supported class last year complaining. Must be missing something. Come race the class all year or just once. Its the best. Just fast enough to really be fun without being scarry fast. It lights my fire. Just quit complaining and remember its only supposed to be fun, we're not tryin to hurt each other and it's not our livelyhood, only a hobby David Everhart S52
        David Everhart S52
        Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I am quitting racing at the end of this year because of this rule change! I and several others have worked endless hours to get where we are with 750 R and we are now being punished for all the hard work done. I build my own motors, towers, lower units and boats to go fast. Now the guys who sit on there a**es say they can't keep up so slow the fast ones down to our speed. They are still running the same boats motors and props from years ago and expect to win! What a bunch of cry babies! I'll find a new hobby, all my equipment will be for sale at the end of the season and if I can't sell it I'll screw the boat to a sign post at my used car lot.

Comment

• brian
            brian commented
            Editing a comment
            Bob, I understand you are angry, but remember you said you were close to most people in weight. You said the weight difference did not matter. Sound different tonight. If that were true you would add your weight and still kick everyone's butt. I suspect you will still do well. Should your motor not be stronger than all of your lazy cheap competition?

Bob your weightless class was making everyone buy carbon fibre and honeycomb in volumes. Now we are asking people to build boats that last more than two years and lead. The sport just got cheaper, safer (less single boat crashes, less blown out bottoms) I hope a year of racing will cool you down. I did not quit when my lighter competition passed me.

I will still help you lift your boat.

• Dave M
            Dave M commented
            Editing a comment
            Bob, sorry to hear that. Sounds kind of off to me though. If you really want to win and kick ass, you never really stop working on your rig. How is this different ? If you really want it, this changes nothing. Your props will still work. I recal very well at Jessup GA during a winter Nationals right after I placed second in the FEH class, you came over to me and shook my hand telling me congrats, and that it is very hard to beat that much money. I totally respected you after that, becasue you are right. So how is this different from trying to keep racing affordable for those of us who don't have $6000.00 carbon fiber rigs that weigh 80 pounds ? We run our 130 pound wood boats that go just as fast as those hulls, why ? Because we have the same dedication you do at staying up front. The work never ends if you truly want to run up front. I don't think 495 is a large number for min weight. I am willing to wager that the majority weigh in at within 10% of that.

When you are ready to sell all your stuff give me a shout. I doubt you will have a hard time selling it all. It is top notch stuff. In fact the NBRA has Min weights in the class as well, so I am sure someone over there would be pleased as punch to pick up some fast stuff.

• Merc1
            Merc1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dave, within 10% of 495..... That's 50 lbs! If you have to add more than 20 lbs of lead to your rig, that is too much!

Bob, sell the engines. Keep your boat and come join the Title Series. A pro motor would work just fine on your runabout.

Comment

Out of curiosity, is a DSR running a Toohotsue a legal step-up in 750mr?
            http://vitalire.com/

Comment

I think we voted on that also but haven't heard those results yet. Ill wager that will also cause dissention in the ranks. David Everhart S52
              David Everhart S52
              Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                Out of curiosity, is a DSR running a Toohotsue a legal step-up in 750mr?
                I assume the 750cc class engine rules are the same for runabout as hydro. If I'm right, that would mean that a Tohatsu powered runabout would be "prototype". By the way, is anyone interested in seeing how well I fared against King George's 44mod runabout? (Granted, I was running a true and legal DSR setup with an untuned engine)

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                  Matt Dagostino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was there with George.........what a wild flip that Shawn had there in 850mr. Glad he was not hurt!

I sure am glad I sold my 750mr. Too old to lift with new rule!💩

Comment

I Love this new rule!!! NO more SUBWAY for me!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I want your boat, BTW, sorry you are getting out. Anyways, If it's still a solid, like new, boat by years end, make me a deal on it. NBRA has min weights and that boat should put me right on weight. Thanks Bryan

Comment

Bob page 7 2014 mod tech manual shows no weight limit for 850MR

Pete
                      Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
                        Bob Rusnak commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the reply Pete, guess we will run 850 and skip the 750 from now on. Will have to add about 150 lb. of lead to make weight in 750. Now that is dangerous. Can add a car battery but that will only add 20 lbs or so. Only other option is put the Krier 350 runabout on the water with the 750 but the numbers are not legal due to colors. Don't think that would come close to 495 lb either.

George Luce has spent 20 + years of his life developing 750 Mod runabouts. Boats, motors, props and setups. To promote a dying class, he gave almost all of this technology out to guys in the class and to people thinking about getting into the class. He put people in his boats, including one of my boys. Nice, hop in go race and not worry about how much lead you have to put in. Now because a couple of teams have done the home work and are winning races, the guys that are too lazy, cheap and fat to do the homework put this chicken s____ rule in place. It is just wrong. In a sport as fragile as outboard racing, if something is working, don't mess with it. It is that simple. I honestly thought the Mod guys were smarter than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Schmidt View Post
                        George Luce has spent 20 + years of his life developing 750 Mod runabouts. Boats, motors, props and setups. To promote a dying class, he gave almost all of this technology out to guys in the class and to people thinking about getting into the class. He put people in his boats, including one of my boys. Nice, hop in go race and not worry about how much lead you have to put in. Now because a couple of teams have done the home work and are winning races, the guys that are too lazy, cheap and fat to do the homework put this chicken s____ rule in place. It is just wrong. In a sport as fragile as outboard racing, if something is working, don't mess with it. It is that simple. I honestly thought the Mod guys were smarter than this.

Mike...........well said.

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
                          Bob Rusnak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Finally have a class that was fun, safe and a good field of boats. Typical of APBA, have something good and screw it up by changing rules. Lost another 750 runabout as we are not going to add over 100 + pounds of lead. The pro eliminated weights from the rules and was the best thing for racing. I never expected the stock guys to eliminate but they can build boats from scratch to accept the minimum weight. The mod guys should be a little more open to the weight situation. Where did the 495 lb. number come from? A 200 lb. driver will need at least a 200 lb. boat. Are all the ones that votes are almost 300 lb? I guess 850 runabout will be the way to go from now on or until someone decides to change the rule on this one. Just my opinion....

Sticks and stones..... The class does not want to race 90lb carbon boats. If you want to spend all of your money and time taking weight out to fight physics race 850. This is a time to grow 850. Haters and mean people who call names will never have the answer to any social issue. The vote was like 12-5. It was not even close. Use logic not hate. Not one person lost a ride. We lowered the cost in racing 750r. We made 750 safer.....less single boat crashes! We leveled the playing field. We had a class with no weights...no need for two. You are just lying to yourself if you think weight does not equal speed and this speed can be bought. We voted and this is an American value. Taste your food before you salt it. This might just be a good thing..... See vote. And for fun...my skinny, high point champion, race winning wife, with her allegedly fat, lazy, and cheap husband who races 750r adds 37lb to her 200h before every race. These are some of my ideas about the class. Notice no hate or names calling. In fact I will drop some kindness. Thank you George. I bet you will still be a kind person and help other people. I am sorry people are using your name to express rage and anger on your behalf. I know this to not be in your spirit. And I still will help you lift your boats to the scales!

Comment

Working...
                        X