Another new racer hooked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new racer hooked

This is an e-mail from a buddy of mine back in Detroit that just bought Kevin Ladd's 45 rig. He's been thing about racing for a few years now. Looks like we have another one hooked. I was excited to see how much he liked it so I thought I would share with all of you.

Welcome to boat racing, Ruben!!!!

"Yee hawww!!
    Ran about 20-25 laps last night. What a rush. Took me about 5/6 to keep it 100% from the exit to the entry. Never got it through the corner 100% throttle and just trimming down like Kevin says you can/should. One thing I can say is you are a lot busier in the seat compared to a go kart, you feel like your in a real racing machine. I bet the next time out I will be 1000% better, after letting some of the sounds/sensations sink in a bit.

I hit the turns really good maybe twice and felt some awesome/never experienced in racing g's in the corner but never completed a full turn, kind of bailed. Kevin said he spun a lot the first time, I didn't which means he was looking for the edge and I probably never came close. So I can't wait to get out there again and find the limit in the corners. I did one stint of about 8-10 laps and was running full throttle over my own wake and felt the boat dance a few times. A knew what it was doing and it didn't spook me/ I trusted the boat to hold… just need to get that way for the turn.

All in all, it was awesome. Felt I should have pushed it a bit more so I had a little drivers remorse once the adrenaline rush went away, but I will get there.

Talk soon, and don't be shy with any tips. I am like a information sponge right now.

Ruben"
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

What Class???

What class of boat was he running? Good to see guys getting hooked... I think it's worse than drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart
      What class of boat was he running? Good to see guys getting hooked... I think it's worse than drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put your glasses on Deano...............read into the message!!

"Kevin Ladd's 45 rig"
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

And his future is bright...

This guy has been racing Karts and thinks they're nothing compared to the trill on water (read: don't leave us Dan)!!

He will be in the hunt rather quickly. We'll have to be like Foxs... get him hooked, help him out, once he's fast, cut him off !!
        Just Kidding...

45sst... everyone's doing it. 5 new drivers in MI alone for next year. Darren G. and Gary L. have been asking lots of questions on the left coast too.
        The more the merrier!!

KLadds-

Comment

Deno, put down the drugs and read the memo!

Originally posted by DeanFHobart

Dean the drug thing is showing or is it old age and you can't read??? =)

Comment

Originally posted by KellyLadd
            45sst... everyone's doing it.
            Better get your boat orders in soon.
            " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
            Art Pugh

Comment

Working...
            X