X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOA 2005 Special Awards Ballot

You must be a paid 2005 Member to Vote.

http://www.indianaoutboard.org/about/vote.html

I know and love all of the rookies, But one traveled with me all season so I would love to give him a pitch. Jason Mcbain worked every IOA race this year, did multiple setups and worked more than his share in the boats. Looks like he will finish 2 or 3 in the country in 25mod too.
    He helped just about everyone he could. He gave a new driver for next year his first ride at Hilsdale and when his rookie dumped his rig three heats before his race,in true racer form he asked only one question, "Did he get the motor wet?".

I am very sad this year about this award because I am close to Kyle and Garrett and know Jamie well too, but only one can win. I won this award and know what it ment to me, I just wish we could give it to all of them.

PS the other awards are big too.

Brian

Brian,
    Jason seams like a good guy to me. Was fun watch'n him at Waterford, Ont. (while my rig was broke sitting in middle of course) Thought a couple times he was going to BRUSH HOG Issy's West side lake front coming out of turn one .

I talked to Shannon Hoover at Ford City. She was going to check on points for that race.

I think I was ROOKIE of THE YEAR with TRORA in 2000. I also got an award for the OLDEST "J" DRIVER 2001. Butch Kiddy lent me an "A" motor at Franklin that year. Couldn't get on plane in first heat. Billy Allen lent me a wheel that got me up in the second heat. When I took motor back to Butch I told him it felt tired. He looked me up the next day laugh'n his a$$ off..........."Forgot it was run in J last Steve....." (The restrictor was still in it)>> The story got around and Steve Eckert called me up for my trophy with the J awards at the fall banquet.....
    It was all in fun but even that recognition is a memory that keeps me motivated.

19P
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 10-09-2005, 05:32 PM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
    X