Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat weight and speed?

Question for you fast guys... lol

I'm making a new T-Shirt to add to my designs... part of it will include text with wording like "... 80mph in a 100 lb boat ..." Is that feasable with the new superlight breed of boats? How fast will a 100 pound boat go these days? I mean if it's close I'll use it, but I was wondering... maybe it's 90 or 100 mph in a 100 lb boat...haha.

Andrew
    Hydroplane Junkie
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Length....

How about....... " 100 MPH IN A 12 FOOT BOAT"

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

LOL, That's pretty good! Never even crossed my mind to use length. I like the weight better than length though cuz my car is 13' long. But it's still sounds good. I may use it if that's cool with you and the weigh version doesn't sound right in the end. But first I'd like to hear how fast these carbon 125cc boats go and what they weigh.

Fralick Racing

Comment

T Shirt Title

I have only seen one carbon fiber 125cc hydro. I would have to say it went about 15 to 20 feet in the air before coming back down!! Not sure that 20 feet in-the-air in a 11 foot boat sounds to enticing??
        Last edited by David Weaver; 10-05-2005, 01:11 PM. Reason: typo
        David Weaver

Comment

Andrew
          A 100 pound boat goes many speeds.
          It probably actually only goes around average of 75-80 in a 3-4 lap competition. (Pro classes anyway. 100 pounds is pretty heavy for a ASH for instance, and that might go about 55).
          If a competitior asks what you got on your gps, it is usally, "Oh, gee, I'm only getting 64." (Need to confuse the enemy).
          If it is after a race and a few beers, the speed goes anywhere from 80-103, depending on how late it is.
          Connie
          PS, I like
          100 mph in a 100 pound boat. (1 mile per pound). Makes people ask qustions.

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice
            Makes people ask qustions.
            Hmmmmmm....the down side.

"Hey y'all thats a nice't boat. My kusin had this lil ol 8 foot boat with this'nbig ol merCree motr'. The motr' was a big'n, we had't ta hold him up till he crank't it an all. When he left't the beach't, it threw up all sorts o' wat'r. Before he left't, he'd always say ' hold my beer'. That thang i'd run 'bout a hunderd.

Whut's them pipes out tha' back, jet tubes? I seen that Budweiser boat before, That wuz sumtin' almost as great as the 3200 lb super limit'd tractor pull. Do you know Chuck Norris? He races them offshor boats, bet you wish you did that? They go 200 mile n'our ya know. My kusin rac't him once't. He said "hey y'all watch'is, hold ma beer' "

We need more shirts, go ahead Andrew, I need to buy some. Hold ma beer
            Last edited by epugh66; 10-09-2005, 07:14 AM.
            " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
            Art Pugh

Comment

haha, too funny!

ok I'll let the masses know when the new shirt is done, busy time of year around here so will take a bit.

For those interested I have a few Yamato shirts left (black front logo, color back logo)

3 medium
              1 Large
              6 XL

$22 US shipped each, two for $40

Andrew
              Attached Files
              Fralick Racing

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice
                Andrew
                If a competitior asks what you got on your gps, it is usally, "Oh, gee, I'm only getting 64." (Need to confuse the enemy).
                Guilty as charged.

Comment

Working...
                X