U-6 Oh boy! Oberto Miss MADISON!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-6 Oh boy! Oberto Miss MADISON!!

I would like to congratulate Steve David and the Miss Madison team and City!! The national High point driver is such a great accomplishment for this team.. only getting beat out for the over-all championship by another team that had to pull out Villwock from retirement.... did he bring the Bud props with him?...Hmmmmm!!! Good job to the Elam team also!! Just had to throw it in there!! With the big Madison movie hitting the stores nation wide.. It really hits home on how much this team/City means to Hydroplane racing!!! I just can't say enough about your great season..!! Did anyone else out there wonder where the RED boat was.. kinda like losing Earnhardt for our sport.. love'em or hate'em they were always the ones to beat! And finally... the best news is always to hear of another "new" team!! Good luck to the Nevada based team!!

It's time to sign off!! and pull out the hunting gear!!

P.S. where did all our FE's go? will more 3-holers come out and play next year?

Mike Stone
    Slowest FE on the water!!

See ya this weekend? Bring your dad & "Nasty" with you
    Steve
    106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stoneracing
      I would like to congratulate Steve David and the Miss Madison team and City!!
      Me too! GREAT job.

The national High point driver is such a great accomplishment for this team.. only getting beat out for the over-all championship by another team that had to pull out Villwock from retirement....
      Did they really have to "pull Villwock from retirement"?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

I would like to congratulate Steve David and the Miss Madison team and City!! The national High point driver is such a great accomplishment for this team.. only getting beat out for the over-all championship by another team that had to pull out Villwock from retirement.... did he bring the Bud props with him?...Hmmmmm!!! Good job to the Elam team also!! Just had to throw it in there!! With the big Madison movie hitting the stores nation wide.. It really hits home on how much this team/City means to Hydroplane racing!!! I just can't say enough about your great season..!! Did anyone else out there wonder where the RED boat was.. kinda like losing Earnhardt for our sport.. love'em or hate'em they were always the ones to beat! And finally... the best news is always to hear of another "new" team!! Good luck to the Nevada based team!!

It's time to sign off!! and pull out the hunting gear!!

P.S. where did all our FE's go? will more 3-holers come out and play next year?

Mike Stone
        Slowest FE on the water!!
        Mike, I was at the race this past weekend and Oh! Boy! would have beaten Villwock (who's team championship was actually won with JW Meyers driving the first part of the season) in the final, but went dead in the water in the first turn right after the start, but was 3 boat lengths ahead of the Elam boat, followed by not too far behind, our good buddy and racing friend J. Michael Kelly, but he pushed it a little too hard in the second turn and spun, after coming close to blowing the boat over. You gotta love having a guy you race with several times a year in the stock/mod outboard ranks, giving the veteran Unlimited hydro drivers a run for their money. Also, there was an announcement that there will be 3, possibly 4, more Unlimted teams next year. That is great news!!!!
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Steve

Yea, Steve I will be there.. We will most likely end this season like we started. out... oh 'well .. not sure on, Dad most of our equipment is broken... been a rough year for us. Maybe you or Nasty can get that record.. seems to me that the "three piper team" would be able to bust it! Word through the underground is that he may show? .....Well, if I get towed in "again" I can always remember what my cousin told me once.......it went something like............ "Well...That wasn't to pretty for the Ladies!" kinda sums up this year!!

Mike

Comment

Can I run with you guys? Seems that no 350cc Hydro guys want to play anymore.

Mike, you bringing your 3 holer, or a tree stand?

Yea, Steve I will be there.. We will most likely end this season like we started. out... oh 'well .. not sure on, Dad most of our equipment is broken... been a rough year for us. Maybe you or Nasty can get that record.. seems to me that the "three piper team" would be able to bust it! Word through the underground is that he may show? .....Well, if I get towed in "again" I can always remember what my cousin told me once.......it went something like............ "Well...That wasn't to pretty for the Ladies!" kinda sums up this year!!

Mike
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP
            The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6

Did they really have to "pull Villwock from retirement"?

That's part of the point...I don't think they had to, and they owe J.W. a big thanks for the chunk of points he got them in the first half of the season. It was kinda' hard to root for the Elam after they brought in the "hired" gun...but they did what they thought was best to seal a championship. I think we in the NW would have liked to have seen J.W. win that title for the Ellstrom family and along with that would have gone the drivers championship as well.

Congratulations to all on a successful season and I think the series is on the road to recovery...now, if they can just put the "Thunder" back in the thunderboats!!!!
              Robert Stone
              Team SS Hydroplane Racing
              Crew

-Too close for missiles...switching to guns!!

Comment

AGREED! Wish they would have kept J.W. He could have won the entire thing.

Originally posted by Phantom13
                That's part of the point...I don't think they had to, and they owe J.W. a big thanks for the chunk of points he got them in the first half of the season. It was kinda' hard to root for the Elam after they brought in the "hired" gun...but they did what they thought was best to seal a championship. I think we in the NW would have liked to have seen J.W. win that title for the Ellstrom family and along with that would have gone the drivers championship as well.

Congratulations to all on a successful season and I think the series is on the road to recovery...now, if they can just put the "Thunder" back in the thunderboats!!!!
                Sattler Racing R-15
                350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                TEAM VRP
                The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

TREE Stand and Duck Boat

Tree Stand and Duck Boat time for sure ! At least in this neck of the woods. I had a bitter sweet season, lower units were a major problem mid-season on. Sucks running Nat's with crap lower units that can't handle or give you speed. At least it was a boat ride for the remainder of the season anyways.

Mike Stone, thanks for the parts, pleasure doing business with you. Works decent, just need to test it some more. After Hillsdale I would say water is not a problem for it......... the first turn proved that it can take 4 gallons of H2O and keep running.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                  X