ophelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ophelia

we all hope john [ 2-Z ] and denis [ 21-Z ] make it through nasty ophelia ok and can make jesup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bill

I left work early yesterday since I work an hour from the coast. It was very windy and the rain was bad but I have seen much worse. Most of the damage was downed limbs loose shingles and power outages and lots of water. By early evening it had finally started moving to the north and hopefully today will be out of here. See you all in Jesup!!

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Comment

I talked to my family and friends yesterday and all they saw was lots of rain and wind.... nothing they haven't seen before... everyone is well and I'm sure it didn't hinder their trip to Jesup... its gonna take a lot more then a hurricane to keep my dad from racing!!!

Stacy
      "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Olphelia

Thrursday 9/15/05 12:15 PM
        \
        Norfolk area (Hampton) just checked marine weather display instrument
        on board

Storm has moved offshore and is on a northeast direction. location
        37.7N 76.1W, moving NE at 5 mph. 982 MB, max winds 75 with gust upto
        90 mph. 24 hour forcasts predicts a downgrade of storm.

Weather here is mild. Winds from SE at 15 to 20 mph, overcast, above average high tides. local forcasts call for increase in winds and flood tides. I doubled tied boat and put out extra fenders in preparation.

Roy Conklin
        Roy Conklin

Comment

We just loaded the boats, dad is taking the trailer down to load Dennis's boats tonight. They are still making the trip tommorow after work. Ophelia was nothing more than heavy rain and wind.
          Ryan Runne
          9-H
          Wacusee Speedboats
          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

I went out today and there was just tree limbs and pine straw everywhere. There's a little bit of flooding but not as bad as expected. I just see it as an excuse to get out of school for a few days But Dennis is right on the coast and still has no power..but as far as I know, me, dad, and Dennis are still heading down to Jesup after work & school.
            See y'all in Jesup!
            The Runne's: Born with plastic sporks in their mouths.

Comment

What about Ryan??? Leaving him home.

Comment

Ground Zero

A very long night last night. The strongest winds started around 8pm,
                last night, thats when we lost power. My generator was a blessing keeping
                the lights, water,and most important the TV going to keep the news flowing.

Thurs. morn arrives at 3am with 80++ winds hitting the back of the house,
                ripping shingles, and siding off of the house.

Daylight brings 30-40mph winds water dripping from the upstairs ceiling in
                5 or 6 places, guess the sheetrock guy is gonna be busy.

As of 6pm still no power, maybe sometime tomorrow before noon.
                Lots of trees down, some small buildings destroyed, lots of boats
                in parking lots, and we had it easy!

Multiply this by 4 and you get Katrina.
                Thankfully no loss of lives, here in NC we kinda think a Cat 1 is no big
                deal, that is when it travels across at 15+ mph, this storm was so slow
                it just kept pounding, and pounding.
                Look forward to seeing you in Jesup if things here work out just right.
                Dennis 21Z

Comment

I ain't skeered of no **** hurricane. Let's go racin! John 2-Z
                  John Runne
                  2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Me be happy . .c.

now that our coastal Carolina race crews have checked in. My lovely bride was watching this event with great interest seeing as how our planned migration south was in the breach of this `cane. heh...
                    carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dunlap
                      What about Ryan??? Leaving him home.
                      Unfortunetly I am going to have to miss this one. The restaurant business is tough on the boat racing schedule. They both like the weekends for some reason. At least I get Millville and Raliegh before the season ends. Hopefully I can make Jessup in the spring.
                      Ryan Runne
                      9-H
                      Wacusee Speedboats
                      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Working...
                      X