Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayla Kerr Update

Kayla Kerr Update

As most of you may have heard, our five-year old daughter, Kayla was badly burned on Sunday evening at Grass Lake when she sat on the lid of a small camping grill that was still very hot. For those of you that were there for us during this horrible situation, took care of our other daughter, Emily, and have called and emailed us with concerns, we thank you. We made promises that we would update everyone on this site. Kayla took an ambulance ride to Jackson where we were told she has 2nd degree burns on both of her thighs. The grill burned her shorts, but thankfully it did not burn her backside. Terry has been staying home as I just started a new job. He took her to the pediatrician on Monday. They scrapped the dead skin and popped all of the bubbles to begin the healing process. This was pretty painful, but she has complained very little. She has difficulty sitting, but she's a real trooper. They are most concerned with infection due to her diabetes. They don't believe a skin graft will be necessary and scarring should be minimal, barring any infection. She was most concerned with not being able to walk at her diabetes walk on Sunday. Terry has said he will lay her in a wagon and pull her if necessary. For those of you who have contributed to such a worthy cause, we are very appreciative. Formal thank you's will be mailed to each of you. It is amazing the response we have received from the boat racing community. It truly is a "family."
    This entire situation has been very emotional for us. As a parent, it's difficult not to feel somewhat responsible when an accident such as this occurs. I realize we can't watch them every second, but noone likes to see their children in pain. Thank you again to everyone for all of their prayers, kind words, and concern.

Terry & Sharon Kerr

Could someone please post their address so we can mail cards? Thank you!
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Little Kayla Kerr

When Jack was driving home Sunday I fell asleep and dreamed about little Kayla. She danced her sweet little heart out Saturday night at the Center Three Horse Club after-race party. Her energy is something to be desired. They had a really nice DJ and Kayla made good use of the good music, my how that little one can dance and so young. She danced a lot with Jesse Swain, I think he had more fun that she did ha ha!! She will dance again and soon, she has a lot of spunk and great parents. Terry and Sharon, don't beat yourselves up about this accident. Kids do things and you are right you can't watch them every minute. We will all pray that Kayla does real well (sounds like she has already), and I know you will keep us all informed here on Hydroracer. Aren't we lucky to have such a great place to keep informed, thanks to Dan Lawrence. Please do post your snail mail address like my son Jeff asks, I have a card and a gift - also a little something for Emily to send up . Thanks for being in our "boat racing family". Love Joan and Jack Brewster

Comment

Again, I can't say enough about the great people in boat racing. Cards and gifts really aren't necessary, but we'd love you to keep the prayers going. We took Kayla back to the pediatrician today and although she's still in some pain and having difficulty sitting, the doctor praised Terry for the care he's given the wounds. Thus far there is no infection. We will go again on Friday for follow up. Kayla does have a lot of energy and it's driving her nuts to have to lay so still (on her belly) all the time. She really is a gift from God. For those of you that would like to send her a card (please no gifts) I'm sure it would put a big smile on her face. Thanks again.

The Kerrs

14328 Trenton Road
        Southgate, MI 48195

Comment

Working...
        X