No announcement yet.

D stock hydro (JDS) Hull Damage, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D stock hydro (JDS) Hull Damage, Help!

This is a all wood boat, built in the 90s. I was doing some testing at a local river last weekend and hit a large wake from a Ski Boat. I was off the throttle and the nose of the boat was high the wake slammed into the flat bottom of the boat just in front of the steering wheel putting four stress cracks 4-6" long in the floor of the boat. These cracks are in-between the runners and leak a little water. What is the best way to fix these cracks? I live in Lansing MI, and I could bring the boat to Grass Lake for some one to look at. Who works on hydros in the lansing area? (any recommendations)

duct tape... that is, for a temperary fix, unless your a Runne or on Team Scott
    "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Repair

That damage could be serious and you should have an "expert" go over it before putting the boat back on the water. You could easily blow-out the bottom and end up getting hurt.
      David Weaver

Comment

You need to call Vic Brickman. 1-517-522-8990 He has a prop shop on Grass Lake. He will need to probably replace the bottom wood on that boat. Its not worth taking a chance on a fiberglass repair. Once you crack the bottom my recomendation is to replace it. Bring it to the race and he will probably have you leave it and he can replace it with a new wood bottom piece. Mike
        mike ross

Comment

Working...
        X