Jeff Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Thompson

As many of you may have already heard, my good friend and racing partner, Jeffrey Thompson, was seriously injured in a racing accident in Lock Haven, PA on 9/3/05. Jeff sustained a broken femur and a fractured pelvis, an injury which usually takes 6-8 weeks to heal, and many weeks of physical therapy after that. Jeff won't be able to work for 3-4 months at least.
    This accident could not have occurred at a more inopportune time for Jeff and his family. He and his wife Tammy are expecting their first child in December and they are currently without any type of health insurance.
    For those of you who don't know Jeff personlly, he is a self-employed screenprinter who is the creator of many of the custom T-shirts and embroidered apparel seen at racing events.
    For the past 8 years, Jeff has personally donated all of the "Dash for the Cash" Lock Haven CSH T-shirts and screen printing work which are sold at the race with all proceeds going directly to the winning pot.
    Jeff also does screen printing work for many local charitable events at no charge, including all work for "Christopher's Run," a 5K road race in Bridgewater, Mass. which has raised over $20,000 for childhood diabetes.
    Jeff's family has been active in boat racing for close to 20 years. He races alongside his brothers, Jason and Brian. His mother, Harriet Thompson, is our Region 1 Scorer who has acted as Chief Scorer for many local and national events. Harriet also opens her home for our local racing club meetings and gives unselfishly of her time so that we may enjoy our sport. You will never meet a more friendly and helpful family.
    Now the reason for this letter:
    We have established a fund to help Jeff and Tammy through this difficult time and to offset their medical expenses.
    Donations have already been made at the Lock Haven race, as Shanon Bowman has stepped up to the plate and donated his entire "Dash" winnings of over $1,000. Also, all other cash winnings and scratch money from this event have been donated to help Jeff and Tammy.
    I encourage all who read this to dig in deep to help one of our own through this tough time.
    Please send whatever donation you can to:

The Jeffrey Thompson Fund
    C/o South Shore Cooperative Bank
    195 Washington Street
    Weymouth, Massachusetts 02188

Thanks to all,
    Your friend,
    Billy R. Allen 16-B
    Last edited by L. Allen; 09-07-2005, 01:15 PM. Reason: typo
    Twisted Sister

to the top
    Twisted Sister

Comment

Thank You All

At Drivers meeting on Sunday we passed a helmet around for Jeff and collected $710. Thank you everyone who donated. Also thank you to Liz Thirbley who went around with a 50/50 and raised $830. Which all went to Jeff thanks to the winning ticket holder (Alan Gallagher) who donated his half.... Also thank you to Shanon Bowman who donated his dash for the cash money of $1000. I sent all this money to the hospital via Jason Thompson & called Jeff to let him know it was coming and that I would be sending the rest of the donations, prize & scratch money directly to him & Tammy.

I know the money we raised at Lock Haven will help.......

Lisa Jennings
      C.J.R.A. Chief Scorer @ Lock Haven

Comment

to the top one more time
        Twisted Sister

Comment

Working...
        X