How Short Is Too Short?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Short Is Too Short?

what is everyones opinion on this is 1.3 mile , 1/4 mile ? or 1/2 mile ???
    i may have a new site but it would require 1/4 mile laps and 4 boat heats
    is this too crazy for you?

Race course in LaGrange Mo on the big river seemed to be about 1/2 mi. maybe + a little.
    Made for some easy to watch races that were close.
    Highest speed by police radar was 77mph, don't know what class, but it wasn't SE.
    Shorter is better from a spectators perspective.
    Richardf
    RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

1/8 mile Racing

Originally posted by kws
      what is everyones opinion on this is 1.3 mile , 1/4 mile ? or 1/2 mile ???
      i may have a new site but it would require 1/4 mile laps and 4 boat heats
      is this too crazy for you?
      Years ago I remember racing in a Golf pond somewhere down South. We had a full field of PRO Classes and ran very near the pond bank. With the "NEW" PRO 062cc and rubber-band classes this will be just the right size to use all the available power.

Comment

"NEW" PRO 062cc???

Originally posted by ProHydroRacer
        ..."NEW" PRO 062cc and rubber-band classes this will be just the right size to use all the available power.
        Is there an new class ... or is this some kind of inside joke?
        Untethered from reality!

Comment

weed eater boats

Actually those weed eater boats are quite spectator friendly. ha,ha.
          Richardf
          RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

1/8 Mile Racing

Based on the private e-mails I’m receiving these two classes must be new to a lot of drivers. The classes will compete in both divisions of APBA, AOF, and all other 3 and 4 letter originations in both PRO and Stock.

The rules are simple:
            062cc (Pro) – called >A (Stock)
            • Motors limited to any 062cc engine, and any number of cylinders – PRO
            • Motor limited to American manufactures only, no more that 6 cylinders – Stock
            • Any Torque Tube – PRO
            • Motor bracket limited to any American manufacture before 1950 – Stock
            • Lower Unit Limited to any current manufacture – PRO Racing
            • Lower Unit Limited to any American Manufacture before 1939 – Stock and PRO Service
            • Propeller no limitations – PRO
            • Propeller limited to one blade, no kick under, 6” below the “True” bottom – Stock
            • Sails not permitted – Stock

Rubber-Band Class has same rules above except for motor specifications
            • Rubber Band made from NASCAR and Formula 1 inner tubes only – PRO
            • Rubber Band made from any American made tube before 1950 – Stock

Course size is limited to ¼ mile or less and no more than one turn per lap. Figure eight courses are strictly permitted! Flag starts only, no milling before during or after the event.

E-mail your commissioners and show support for these classes. Write today!

Comment

Tom Cruise is way too short . . .

on brains as well.

Seriously, folks, I liked Denton, MD and it would be stretching the string to claim a 1/4 mile lap there. Short courses require DRIVING! They're way fun! And prizes don't have to be limited to the usual 1st thru 3rd. At Denton we have awards for farthest trip into the Lily Pads after failing to negotiate the 2 bouy *coff coff* turn. I believe one of the Defebos owns the record.
              carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by kws
                what is everyones opinion on this is 1.3 mile ,
                Yeah, I like the sound of that. 1.3 miles should be just about right. I think 1 mile is only almost long enough.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X