Physical Fitness (POMPATTIUDE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Fitness (POMPATTIUDE)

After a trip back to top - O Mich I am not sure if the old bod would have held up even if the equiptment would have. what type of training if any do you guys find to help? Or is there nothing that can prepare you for the rough ride. Do any of you champs even figure on training as part of your success? I think Bobby Austin trained for the Marathon. Bob , did it help you win or feel better for Sunday or both? Care to share. Short course guys too..
    Winter is coming.Id love to switch up my program. I bet a lot of guys get to the gym to train to race. What works for everybody?
    Steve (Franz)

i went for a bike ride with my kids a week or two before the marathon steve......i need to do something with my knee....it took a heck of a beatin at the marathon on the second day..i popped it out 6 times....4times on crooked lake and 2 times on burt lake....it hurt pretty bad,but not as bad as getting beat by wayne blomberg on the first day . Im glad your gettin ready for next years marathon.....see ya there.....nick.

Comment

As far as a bike goes, I recommend a single speed mountain bike with out any suspension. It will tone your legs, arms, neck, back and lungs. You will also be seen as a stud on the trails.

Start out doing about 5 miles a ride, when you get to where you can ride 10-15 miles without throwing up, you're in shape. Next enter a bike race. Then you can ride them runabouts all weekend!
      " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
      Art Pugh

Comment

WHAt?

Originally posted by epugh66
        As far as a bike goes, I recommend a single speed mountain bike with out any suspension. It will tone your legs, arms, neck, back and lungs. You will also be seen as a stud on the trails.

Start out doing about 5 miles a ride, when you get to where you can ride 10-15 miles without throwing up, you're in shape. Next enter a bike race. Then you can ride them runabouts all weekend!
        No **** wonder you thought Sam McGee was Basphemus Bill.
        Confusion, Confusion, sure hope yer not Arts youngest Child. lol
        RichardKCMo
        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

eating

I found that the working out helps, but eating right is most of the battle. what works best for me is fruit, tuna right out of the can, water, and veggies. If you can restrict yourself to all natural foods and especially sugars, you'll see the working out payoff twice as fast....try to stay away from big sugar like soda, that stuff is no good for ya. Sounds easy enough...but changing eating habbits is really hard.
          Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

I have no chance then..............

Originally posted by Sonny
            I found that the working out helps, but eating right is most of the battle. what works best for me is fruit, tuna right out of the can, water, and veggies. If you can restrict yourself to all natural foods and especially sugars, you'll see the working out payoff twice as fast....try to stay away from big sugar like soda, that stuff is no good for ya. Sounds easy enough...but changing eating habbits is really hard.

.........if I have to stay away from soda!!!!!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Steve-

A good pair of running shoes & a sauna suit. I run at least 4 times a week @ least 3 miles....except during deer season.

Each year after the 1st of Jan. that is when I slow down on food intake. After Grass Lake I am sure I will put on a couple of pounds, but that is less thermal underwear needed for the tree stand
              17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Working...
              X