Auronzo, OSY400 World Championship 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auronzo, OSY400 World Championship 2005

Check out the photos taken by Uwe Lucas during the OSY400 World Championships.

http://www.team-lucas.de/pics/rennfo...2005/index.htm
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

I believe I read elsewhere that heats of 20 boats were run. Back in the day I ran those, something you need to do..........at least once.
    " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
    Art Pugh

Comment

Originally posted by epugh66
      I believe I read elsewhere that heats of 20 boats were run. Back in the day I ran those, something you need to do..........at least once.
      Yes Eric, that was quite wild and fun.

Comment

They Do it Here to...

It is called the Marathon at Trenton MI !! last one I watched was like almost 40 boats running at the same time on a course about the size of what us kneel down folks race on all the time. Site to see for sure, and to participate, maybe some day.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Rough Water

Wow! Check out some of the water those guys were running hydros over! You guys who thought the B Runabout finals were rough are sissys.
          14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Cool

You can lean it out with your feet
            Attached Files

Comment

What scenery too

Got to be about the most beautiful race site I've ever seen. Although Beloit is probably a close second .

Pretty neat to see how they do it on the other side of the pond.

Can't wait to see the Dayton photo's taken by Bill/Don Mackrell! Dayton may not be the most scenic place, but it IS the "world center of boatracing"

Hey Mike Hauenstein, anyway you can post some pictures from Franklin?

Comment

Euro style boats

Has anyone tryed one of these designs?
                Look like they would be awesome coming thru the pack. I like the thought of always racing on any water conditions.
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                  It is called the Marathon at Trenton MI !! last one I watched was like almost 40 boats running at the same time on a course about the size of what us kneel down folks race on all the time. Site to see for sure, and to participate, maybe some day.
                  Dave do they still run stock marathons in Trenton, now that was a sight to see.
                  RichardKCMo
                  RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

I have not tried a strictly European designed boat, but I do know that they have modified their designs to handle their rough water racing conditions. I can say so far, that my laydown CSH runs right over the rough water. So far, I've been very impressed with how much better it handles the rough water versus a kneeldown design. I will truely know how it handles the rough water after this weekend at Lock Haven.
                    Joe Silvestri
                    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                    JH/JR

Comment

Originally posted by Richard K.C. Mo.
                      Dave do they still run stock marathons in Trenton, now that was a sight to see.
                      RichardKCMo
                      I believe they do. I was there not this year, but last and they did. I was at the Mod Divisionals in Z'ville this year.

Nice to have met ya at the Nat's this year.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

In a nutshell, a euro boat is designed to get on plane quickly and turn quickly. It has alot of lift and will dump lots of air out the back with steps and tunnels. They also slow down quickly.

Several years ago, Oliver Lucas and Marion Jung came to Depue to run OSY. At the beginning of the week they were too slow, After alot testing they got faster, just not the fastest. In racing, they got good clock starts and ran the bouy line till they were top three(?) They also used some rather aggresive driving to improve their positions.

Dieter König always said apples to oranges when trying to compare racing. If you want to do a clock start and run 3-4 laps on a 3 bouy turn, out boats will prevail. If you need to do a jetty start and race for 6-10 laps on a 1-2 bouy turn, a euro boat will prevail.
                        " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
                        Art Pugh

Comment

I think Knute Knape from Germany still runs a kneel down in OSY. But the laydown is the food of choice.

Comment

didn't some one in Fla try to run a euro style boat? I wonder if there is a good compromise. I like the laydown idea. Thanks for the replys.
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Johnson
                              didn't some one in Fla try to run a euro style boat? I wonder if there is a good compromise. I like the laydown idea. Thanks for the replys.
                              Steve
                              Diane Murry from NY runs a Giles built laydown. She corners very fast and took 5th in this year's OSY Nats. If you are looking for a good compromise, contact Bill Giles and I'm sure he would start making saw dust for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X