X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katrina

Any news from our freinds in the south?
    Summeralls ? buford? David L6?
    I did talk to Mark Johnson yesterday. he was O.K.
    Hope all are well
    Steve

I haven't heard from anyone yet.

I am up in the northwest corner of Louisiana. I wouldn't have known that there was a hurricane if not for internet and TV.

Tab Buford and Ralph Cook are probably OK. Vicksburg isn't all that far east of Monroe (where Mark Johnson is).

Not sure about the Summeralls.....

Looked like Jackson (Scott Hull) got hit pretty hard.

When I find out more, I'll post it here or e-mail you.

David

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

has anyone heard from john mathews??? i think he lives in the pineville/alexandria, la area...i havn't heard anything from there...

amy

Comment

I haven't heard from the CHAMP or his Dad (I like John and his family - they are good people), but I'm sure they are OK too. Alexandria is about 125 miles south - southwest of me. They probably got more wind than we did up here, and maybe some rain, but the hurricane passed to the east of them.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Challange

In light of the horrific devastation all along the Gulf Coast I put out a challange to all of you who can afford even just a little and donate to the Red Cross or any relief agency to try and help ease the burden to our fellow Americans in need. I pledged to the Red Cross on their web site it is fast and easy and can be specified to go to the hurricane victims.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
          Tomtall 06

Comment

Kristi, Great idea. My daughters house was flooded because of a levy break here in northern Iowa 1 1/2 years ago. They lost everything and couldn't get out for days. The Red Cross airlifted them food, clothing etc. I am now sold on the Red Cross.
            I talked to John Mathews. He was ok. Scott Hull called the eve of the storm. He promised me he would call as soon as he was ok. I haven't heard from him yet. I am praying.
            How about the Heberts? They live right in the destruction? I will try to call there again today, but have not gotten through yet.
            Connie Payn

Comment

Red Cross

I am also sold on the Red Cross. They may also step up their blood drive.
              Be sure to check to see if the company you work for will match employees
              $ donations. I work for Rohm and Haas and they match employee donations to relief funds.

Regards, Phil Doerle
              !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Amen on the Red Cross

The Red Cross is heavily involved in the relief effort in the Mid-South, and they'll run through a lot of dollars quickly doing so. I understand they and the Baptist Men's organization that cooks for such things in conjunction with the Red Cross are looking at 300,000 meals a day for weeks to come.

Despite problems of the past, the Red Cross has its act together now on such things and the money you send (what ever you can afford) will be used well. Even the cost of going out to eat once...will go a long way toward helping folks are in the water...and not because they want to be.

Jerrie and I will be supporting this effort for some time.

Dan
                O-49

Comment

Abears ?

Anyone know if Ty and the clan are okay ?
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

some organizations to donate to:

Originally posted by dcrummett
                    The Red Cross is heavily involved in the relief effort in the Mid-South, and they'll run through a lot of dollars quickly doing so. I understand they and the Baptist Men's organization that cooks for such things in conjunction with the Red Cross are looking at 300,000 meals a day for weeks to come.

Despite problems of the past, the Red Cross has its act together now on such things and the money you send (what ever you can afford) will be used well. Even the cost of going out to eat once...will go a long way toward helping folks are in the water...and not because they want to be.

Jerrie and I will be supporting this effort for some time.

Dan
                    O-49
                    http://www.networkforgood.org/topics...hannel.aol.com
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

hey yall , im fine we are all good in this area , we just got a little wind . I havent heard anything from the Heberts , or scott hull , but i will probable give them a call tomorrow. We have alot of people from New Orleans up here , we even have some kids from that area that are going to come to my school for a few months . I feel so bad for New Orleans , this is a major dissaster .
                      John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                      Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                      Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                      Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                      Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Katrina has already hit Atlanta in the pocket.

We have a run on gas because of a report of pipeline problems. I just saw gas at the local Chevron at $3.59 per gallon and a radio report has one station at over $4.00 per gallon.

On a serious note; has anyone heard anything from Grand Isle, Venice, Dulac
                        and the areas from the west bank?

I lived in Metarie as a kid and went to school at LSU. It breaks my heart to see so much of my old stomping grounds gone. What you don't realize is that
                        as bad as New Orleans is, the devestation in Mississippi is worse. The areas near Grand Isle may just be gone completely.

Tim
                        Tim Weber

Comment

Summeralls/ Hull O.k.

Talked to Roy summerall this morning. no power for a while but all o.k.
                          Said scott Hull diddn't lose power.
                          I think that accounts for most of our racing freinds safe. Tom M, thought Heberts were in the clear as they have done much evacuation to baton rouge area.
                          Still lots that need help. Donate to red cross.

Comment

Schools

You may want to check with your local elementary and middle schools. I teach 7th grade in Tennessee and we started donation boxes today for food, money, and pet supplies. I have been going through the house finding things and you would be surprised what you will find if you look. We have a great bunch of kids in our school so I do expect so hefty donations to go out on the truck next week.

Nate
                            Time to go fishing!

Comment

Update

I just talked to Ralph Cook. No one had any major property damage. Ralph and Tab still don't have power or telephone (Ralph called me from work). He said he was pretty sure that Scott Hull and the Sumeralls got power back yesterday.

Still no word on the Heberts....

Comment

Working...
                              X