C D Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C D Mitchell

It's sad news for us all to learn that C D Mitchell passed away over this past weekend. He had been battling lung cancer the last year. His son David had just won 350cch at the Pro Nationals 2 weeks ago and C D was very happy about that, it was the first time in years he had been unable to attend the Pro Nationals. He was a true racer and he loved it, always with a smile on his face and what a storyteller, after C D had a few beers he could go on and on with boat racing stories for hours, with that C D chuckle spread throughout them. I can remember going to the races when I was a kid and watching C D. He always had the nicest looking rigs, boats painted to perfection and motors clean and shiny, even polished flywheels and the best part, the fastest boats.
    He will truly be missed.
    Our prayers and sympathy go out to David and the entire Mitchell family.
    Bob

Cd

Dave and Family,

So sad to hear about your Dad. Richard enjoyed the hell out of talking to him about the "Dawgs" at the races. You will all be in our prayers. On behalf of our family and the USTS please accept our condolences.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Comment

From the Hootens

David our hearts go out to you and your family CD is a great man that we all enjoyed God bless

Comment

Thinking about you

David,
        So sorry to hear of your loss. I wondered why I had not been able to see your Dad at Depue. Nothing better to watch then him excited at a boat race I am announcing while you are running out front. He was your Dad here on earth and will be your Dad forever.

Ray

Comment

David, our sympathies go out to you and your family. Always had a special fondness towards your dad. I'll miss his stories!

Diane and Pete

Comment

C D

David, I am very sorry about your dads passing. I remember us both talking at lakeland about our dads being sick, now they are both together and can watch the races from up stairs. I really missed CD at Depue this year. I will always remember his greeting, HEY BOY. I could talk to him for hours about racing. Always remember the good times. Take care, Tim

Comment

CD Mitchell

Sad to hear of CD's passing, but I hope he has found relief from any suffering. CD was just a great person to spend time with and man did he love outboard boat racing, whether stock, mod or PRO. I will always remember evenings with CD at the Lakeland Holiday Inn bar, sipping bourbon and listing to his stories.

Here is to you CD, I will pour you one last one tonight.

DWW
              David Weaver

Comment

Dave:

On behalf of all the Eldredge Racing Team - The Eldredges, Sailers, Thompsons and Adkins - we extend our sympathy to you and your family.

The entire boat racing family has lost another good person....it has been a blessing having CD in our lives and I know he'll be watching from above!

Susan Eldredge Sailer
                Susan Eldredge Sailer

Comment

Condolences

David and family, we are sorry to hear of your loss. I didn't know him as well as my father did, but he was always pleasant and had a smile when I talked with him. I know my father enjoyed talking to him and I'm sure they had plenty of stories to share from many the many years of boat racing they've seen. He will be missed by all.

Condolences,

Stahl Racing
                  Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

Deep Sympathies

The Mason's offer our deepest sympathies.

I have a few fond memories of Mr. Mitchell and David. When they raced Mod and when they raced Pro. Our last visit in Constantine (USTS) a couple years ago seems like yesterday.

A real nice family. CD will be missed, by many. May you race in peace.

David, if there is anything you need, call.

Sincerely,

The Mason's
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Condolences

David,
                      It is with a deep heart that I write this. I always enjoyed standing next to your dad while you were racing. You had one heck of a cheering squad.
                      Take care,
                      Roy
                      Roy Conklin

Comment

He Got The Checkerd Flag

I Am Sure C.d. Is Racing With Hatten And Is In The First Turn With The Rest Of Them.
                        Bill Hosler

Comment

When I first joined the PRO catagory and USTS in 1995, CD was one of the earilest members I was introduced to (thanks to my adapted Dad Ed Thirlby). Like many who already chimmed in on this board, we hit it off and I had wonderful conveversations with him in my short four years on that circuit. My most resent visit was at Lakeland when the wind was blowing. I must have been by his side for an hour telling stories to each other.
                          I happened to be by his side when David won his first 350ccH Nationals. The engine loaded up milling before the one minute gun, as David came into the pits there was a a bunch of Region Fivers who picked up the boat and started him for the critical last heat, CD was dumb founded and speachless as to the problem and all the help. I told him don't worry your friends got your back and David will do fine. David won the heat and the Nationals and I was the first to say good job. Isn't boat racing great!
                          My simpathys to the family.
                          R. C. Hawie

Comment

Working...
                          X