Design and Carbon Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design and Carbon Question

I recently finished my CSH laydown and the boat works really well. I am becoming more and more comfortable with the laydown and am starting to prefer it over kneeling. The only thing I am dissapointed with is the overall weight of my new boat. I could have built it lighter, now that I've reflected on the construciton of the boat, but its to late now.

I am looking for advice and suggestions on using the bottom half of my new boat as a mold for a, bottom half carbon boat, and top half wooden boat. Roughly how much carbon will I need? How many layers of carbon would I use? Would I also be using foam? How light would the boat be when done? What tools would I need? Etc, etc, etc... I'm in no hurry because I won't get around to doing this for a year or two but I am very interested in learning how to do this and I know there is some excellent advice on this board. Thanks.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
    JH/JR

give Matt Arlt a call, if you don't have his number email me

Comment

Matt Arlt
      Arltralite Composite Technologies
      Kingston Ontario
      Canada
      613 561 4322
      arltralite@hotmail.com
      Matts an inboard/outboard composite boat builder and is always happy to help any racer with questions and more.
      Jim Misener
      53ce DCH

Comment

Working...
      X