Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesup, GA Sept 16-18

Lots of fun so save some vacation.
    APBA AND AOF nationals all in one! Stock, mod, pro AOF classes that coincide with APBA classes. Will be running all APBA rules pending confirmation from John Snell, Technical director.More t come.

PRO's For Jesup

I will bring a 250 hydro, if the gang from Florida will come up. I assume that if we have enough for APBA points, we will not be combined???
    David Weaver

Comment

Hi David,
      I hope that I can explain this, and I also hope this is the way Peace River will be conducting the race. I met with Tom Cronk and William Tetro over the week end and we have things pretty well worked out. You can be an AOF member for one event for the week end to claim a title, an APBA member to get APBA points, or better yet: Both! If a driver absolutely refuse to join AOF for one event, ($25) let me know via phone or email. I am sure something can be worked out as we do have some sponsorship for that purpose. Our membership list is growing so I doubt if there are even that many racers out there who are not also AOF members. The USTS members, for example are about 95% AOF and are getting PRO points for every USTS race. This is really fun! Many other clubs are doing the same.
      Saturday will probably be AOFnationals and a regular APBA race run together. Most classes are the same except for the big difference is that AOF basically allows step ups in any class. In other words, in your 250 a 125 or maybe even a C mod could step up. (I don't have the step up chart in front of me). A referee has the final decision as to safety, etc. If enough 250s show, I would bet a good referee would not allow atep ups because of safety.
      Most don't step up unless there is a need for boat count anyway. However, the option is there and the purpose of the step up chart is to always assure a racer a ride. Also, in AOF two classes with enough bioats can also be combined and scored separately. this is to please a crowd and to make things go faster.
      I don't believe you will see one difference between the Saturday AOF nationals that you can also get APBA pionts for and the Sunday AOF/APBA regular race.
      No differences anymore except in cost and Propeller magazine. (Too bad, as I would love to see this race in the Propeller Magazine).
      Note, that the step up chart needs to be tweaked and will be at the national meeting this year. For example, 125 runabout can "step up" to C Runabout. The step up chart is based on speeds and slower always steps up to faster. (AOF keeps a detailed time average for each class each year). Needless to say, the 125 is now going much faster than when Tim Small first started the class. It seems to be a good system to allow stock, mod, and pro, that are regional to all race in a format that is not 55 heats in a day! The tech committee can also make decisions at the race as to what to allow for combinations, if any.
      Connie

Comment

APBA CSR North American Championship...

Connie,

It had been stated Jesup would be the APBA CSR North American Championship, is this fact or ficition? Can anyone from Peace River Club confirm? Thanks in advance.
        17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Brent,
          I cannot answer about the CSR. Paul Hooten should know. I am thinking that they decided to not pay the extra money for NA championships, but that would be up to Peace River. Maybe if enough boats committed to coming they would fork out the change. Sure would be fun to win a NA Championship and the AOF championships in one race!
          Connie

Comment

Thanks...

Well if it is not going to be the NA championship, I will spend that money by going on a hunting trip instead...Thanks for the response.
            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

How about the "host" hotel? Any preference or special rate for that weekend?

Thanks.
              David Weaver

Comment

hotels

working on them ,we will also run the n am champs at ocoee yes csr, more to come alot is changing

Comment

Working...
                X