No announcement yet.

News from DePue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget this is the rig that spent a couple of weeks on the bottom of Starke Lake in Ocoee
    Last edited by Howie Nichols; 07-31-2005, 12:48 PM.
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols
      Don't forget this is the rig that spent a couple of weeks on the bottom of tarke Lake in Ocoee
      Lucky they found the rig. Heard it took a couple of days searching. All the mud must have super-charged the motor ... kind of like a mud bath.
      Attached Files

Comment

DePue Update

Tim Small O-175 World Champion sweeping 3 heats on Saturday.

Mike Thirlby 500cc Runabout
        Chris Hellsten 250cc Runabout
        Brandon Thirlby 700cc Hydro
        David Mitchell 350cc Hydro

All great races!
        David Weaver

Comment

Depue

Tim Small wins World O-175 three heat wins

C-Service Hydro Zack Mahiot
          CRR-- George Thornhill

250 runabout--Def. champ Chris Hellsten
          350 Hydro-- Def. champ David Mitchell
          700 Hydro Brandon Thirlby
          500 Runabout--Mike Thirlby

Jim Wright went over while milling, complained of arm pain and some neck discomfort. Have not heard any further report

Clock malfunction made for a long day, but got through it okay.

RLR

Comment

Sunday results?

Anyone? This stinks, I should be heading home from DePue myself.....
            I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
            The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

any results for 125 hydro?

Comment

Pics coming soon

I'll have pics up later this morning (or afternoon, epending on your time zone).

My first PRO Nationals - ****, that was fun.
                Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                sigpic
                Portland, Oregon
                Johnson Racing

Comment

They're up - click the link, then select "Newest" in the upper right corner.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cameraboy5
                  Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                  sigpic
                  Portland, Oregon
                  Johnson Racing

Comment

Sunday

Mitch Meyer had a bad flip going into the first turn in heat 1A of 250 hydro. I believe that he is OK, but will certainly be sore. Mark Stahl had two scarey incidents in 350 runabout, but managed to stay in the boat each time. He will also be sore.

Denny Henderson won 250H
                    Brandon Thrilby won 125H in a wild last heat!!
                    Rich Krier defened in 350R, in 3 great heats of racing.
                    Brandon doubled up with a win in 1100 hydro.
                    Terry Klemm reclained the 1100R title with Derek Gesler riding shot gun.

3 good days of racing....Thanks to the DePue Men's Club and the USTS for putting on a running the event.
                    David Weaver

Comment

More on DePue

Some memorable moments:

1) Biggest turn of events:

Only needing a decent finish in the 3rd heat of 125 hydro to win the championship, Bruce Summers momentarily loses control (while running second) of his boat in turn one due to rollers created by off-plane boats and hits/destroys the middle turn bouy. Brandon Thirlby holds off Buddy Tennell for 3 laps to win the national championship.

It appears that Chris Hellsten will not defend his 250R championship due to a gun jump in heat 1A. After heat 2A, several drivers point-out to race committee that clock is not functioning correctly, which is confirmed in heat 1A of 350 hydro. Race committee makes correct decision to re-run all 3 heats. Chris takes advantage of his good fortune to win 250R.

2) A for effort - After winning first heat of 500H, Doug Hall stops short of finish line in second heat. Doug pushes his boat accross the finish line with considerable effort. To no avail, as engine will not cooperate in heat 2.

3) Rookie Suprise - Ike Yoder of Michigan catches them napping in 500 sprint to win a National Title in his first season.

4) Ouch That Had to Hurt - Worst Flips/spins - BJ Tetro OSY400 heat 2 with hard dump in turn-one following that start. Kyle Bahl hits BJ's boat, taking them both out of contention. Mitch Meyer runs up Denny Henderson's rooster tail and takes a wild ride. See Jean Tennell's series of photo's on Beast Photo Thread. Mark Stahl -350R Heat 2, spins out in the middle of a large pack of boats. Heat 3, rides up a rooster tail , sails into the air, boat comes back-down nose first with Mark apparently hitting his head on the dash. OUCH!! Bob Wartinger stuffs his new OSY400 Runne and took the worst of it.

5) They are a little early - Heat 2 of 500R. With 10 boats closely matched, everyone gets to the party too early. Race is black flagged with all boats over the line before "0".

6) Holy Buckets - How do that many 350 runabouts go through the first turn together and race down the back stretch in such a tight pack that you cannot see the 3rd place boat until the beginning of the second lap? Paul Fuschlin's blue runabout is completely hidden in spray and then suddenly materializes. It has been my opinion all season that this the most competitive PRO class in 2005.

7) Dominating - Denny Henderson and Brian Payne have worked hard all season on their respective 250H and 125R. Both took convincing wins with 3 firsts over good fields of boats. 125R is really coming along as a class. Honorable mention goes to Tim Small, who wins first 3 heats of 175 to take the World Championship with a strong running rig.

8) Hospitality- The town of DePue is always so welcoming and is a great host for the PRO Nationals. Once again, it was wonderful to be back for the week. Fans began reserving their spaces 3 weeks beofre the races by placing tarps on the ground secured by rocks. I do not know the offical head count, but it thearea was packed on Saturday and Sunday.
                      David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc
                        Congrat's Joel on winning Nationals in your rookie season!

Not bad.
                        thanks doug
                        89-F
                        ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

mr us1

rematch at frostproof joel...lol...
                          i need the 10n tho...
                          ((good job))
                          amy

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver
                            Some memorable moments:
                            I was told by my source that D.W. had the fastest 250..in a strait line
                            " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
                            Art Pugh

Comment

All that quiet?

Originally posted by David Weaver
                              Mitch Meyer had a bad flip going into the first turn in heat 1A of 250 hydro. I believe that he is OK, but will certainly be sore. Mark Stahl had two scarey incidents in 350 runabout, but managed to stay in the boat each time. He will also be sore.

Denny Henderson won 250H
                              Brandon Thrilby won 125H in a wild last heat!!
                              Rich Krier defened in 350R, in 3 great heats of racing.
                              Brandon doubled up with a win in 1100 hydro.
                              Terry Klemm reclained the 1100R title with Derek Gesler riding shot gun.

3 good days of racing....Thanks to the DePue Men's Club and the USTS for putting on a running the event.
                              I forgot where to rite again,after having gone to an NBRA race over this past wkend, only diff. i see is noise or lack of, don't know where the term PRO comes in or what it means.
                              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Congrats..............Way to go Joel!! Sounds like Amy did well too.
                                See you guys in Frostproof.

Comment

Working...
                                X