Murcury 25SX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murcury 25SX

Whats a good complete one worth? Also how hard are they to find?

Lights
    Last edited by Lights; 05-25-2005, 03:19 PM. Reason: had 25sx instead of 25xs
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

The engine is 25XS and they go from $1000 to $1500. Maybe someone gets more. They are getting fairly difficult to find. If your going to race, I would consider a Yamato 302. Newer engine and can run in a jillion classes.

Comment

So, I know the 302 can run in CSH and OSY-400. Is it legal for the 25ssh class also?

Lights
      Mark
      G-11
      125H
      When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Oil Ratios

No, the 302 is not a legal 25SSH, it may be someday with all the restricted Yamatos running so many classes (I hope not).

I need help, what oil ratio are you 25XS guys running these days. If I remember correctly I was running 12-1, a qt of oil to 2.5 gal of gas.
        25SSH died out on the West coast but I loved the ride so much I bought my old stuff back. Probably won't make Dayton, but should be ready for 2006.

Mike
        Last edited by ricochet112; 05-30-2005, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I use 6 oz per gallon for my xs, thats pretty conservative, could use 5 or 4 oz, its got to be what feels safe to you

MikeT

Comment

Oil is cheaper than parts

Here in the midwest we run our Mercs on an 8:1 ratio. That is 2 quarts of oil to 4 gallons of gas. They like it, live for years on it, and put out more power because of the extra seal you get in the cylinders. I have run my mods and my stocks on this mixture for almost 20 years.

Comment

re: oil mix

I'm fixin to get my old 25ss running and have forgotten the oil/gas mix. Is it the same as the 25xs?

Comment

Working...
              X