Franklin, Pa. Memorial Day Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin, Pa. Memorial Day Weekend!

Top 10 reasons to race in Franklin, Pa. on Memorial Day weekend 2005.

10. 3/4 mile lake course...no debris...no blowout.
    9. Some of best competition from all over the country and Canada.
    8. Beautiful park, with sandy beach pits. Park wherever you want!!!!
    7. Elims in ASH, CSH and 20ssH every year. 165 boats total last year.
    6. Shorter schedule...races will be completed on time and more time to party.
    5. Prizes for JH and JR.
    4. Tune up on same course for Mod Nationals in August
    3. We've burned boats before...could another be on the fire this year?
    2. You don't have to wear thermal kevlar to stay warm.
    1. Biggest, best bonfire and Saturday night party in Stock/Mod racing!

TRORA will see you there!

Best in the Midwest

If you want glorious scenery, perfect water, awesome pits, great party, copious competition, and a sneak peek at the Mod Nationals, you may want to give the race a spot on your colander.

The Mason's will definitely be there. Anyone else bringing some competition ?
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Where do we stay if we don't want to sleep in the van?
      Twisted Sister

Comment

Pits

There is a big field right within the overflow pit area, most stay right there in tents, vans, cars, motorhomes, etc. They do have Camp sites right there to with ELE hookups and stuff. All within a SHORT walk to your trailer.

There are showers and changing rooms, with hot water right dang near in the pits to. Concessions, real toliets, none of those stinky porta potties.

Very nice place, and did I mention some of the best competition boat racing has to offer ? We have had folks here to race from CA, Colorado, and everywhere in between. It is THAT good of a piece of water.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

The race circular should be coming in the mail soon. It will have the local hotels listed and camping is just as Dave mentioned. There is usually a fee for those who want hook-ups for their motor homes and I believe there will be a fee for all others this year too, tents, etc... Remember, the fees are small and help keep the park people happy. Lets hope for GOOD WEATHER no matter what race you attend this weekend.
          Joe Silvestri
          CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
          JH/JR

Comment

Circular

The Franklin circular, with hotels, was just put up on the APBA website:

http://www.apba-racing.com/Sanctions...1441&hideNav=1
            hauenstein outboard team
            186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Originally posted by L. Allen
              Where do we stay if we don't want to sleep in the van?

Oh, c'mon Laurie, what's wrong with sleeping in the van?..haha. I'm glad you're going, I'll see ya there!
              The Runne's: Born with plastic sporks in their mouths.

Comment

Lock Haven has several nice Bed and Breakfasts. A few motels. As long as there isn't a Penn State game you should do fine.
                2% own 90%, that's the ownership society

Comment

How far is Franklin from Lock Haven ???
                  !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

far (150 miles) But since it is a different drive and Lock Haven isn't a waypoint for my trip - it is only an hour more to drive for me
                    Last edited by sam; 05-05-2005, 05:22 PM.

Comment

how far, that's a really good question. In fact what exactly I was thinking is beyond me...

Comment

Bring The FEH

Come on over and enjoy some good competition in FEH !! I don't think I have met you, but your FEH pic looks good. More the marrier ! I love racing full boat fields in FEH, nothing like fast boats screaming down to first turn all together. Makes the hair on my arm stand up thinking about it !!
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Thanks for all the good info, guys. And off my case, Allie! I'm not asking for room service or anything! Have you SEEN the inside of Bill's truck?????? XOXOXO
                          Twisted Sister

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave M]Come on over and enjoy some good competition in FEH !! I don't think I have met you, but your FEH pic looks good.

We have met a couple times. Lock Haven, Franklin. In fact we got a "purple" D mod off you some years ago. The pic is of a Giles, I had built.
                            I love boats and racing, but am a mere spectator these days.

Comment

Vickey Smith has rented the 1 of the houses in the park. It sleeps at least a dozen. It has a huge loft. My thoughts are if your nice to her I'm sure we can find a spot to drop your head. Now good looking girls like those Allen and Runne girls might have a leg up on others. Anyway we were thinking of making this house party central. Remember you have to be able to go drink for drink with Skipper. I figure with the Runne family present we should be able to party it up pretty good. Can't wait to see all of you there. Mikey!!!!
                              mike ross

Comment

Working...
                              X