X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock/Mod/Pro Outboard Racing Swap Meet UPDATE #5

Stock/Mod/Pro Outboard Racing Swap Meet, 2-3 April
    Gents,
    The Outboard Racing Swap Meet is...... ON ! Mark 2-3 April on your calendar and plan to come to the Zanesville, Ohio airport for our innaugural swap meet. We have a large number of spaces already reserved but we still have room for more teams and individual vendors. Three Rivers and Indiana Outboard clubs will have large turnouts. The swap meet will be open from 11:00 AM Saturday until about 3:00 PM on Sunday. The hangar will be open on Friday afternoon for early arrivals to register/set up. This facility is brand new, has some great amenities and will be a fine site for our meet. Here are a few things you will be interested in:
    1. I'll have a powerwasher available to clean road grime off your trailer or boats.
    2. There is plenty of paved parking for self-contained campers/motorhomes....sorry, no electricty but ramp is lighted.
    3. There will be all-night, professional, armed security for the airport ramp and the hangar will be locked-down after hours
    4. The airport mini-terminal will have all night public restrooms but there are no shower facilities.
    5. Airport is 5 miles east of Zanesville, one mile south of Interstate 70 at exit #160.
    6. At Exit #160, the Red Roof Inn ($55.99) and Holiday Inn ($69) have boatracer special for rooms. Red Roof call 740-453-6300. Holiday Inn call 740-453-0771
    7. We have a large horse-trough with a makeshift transom for engine demonstrations and run-ups. Bring your own test wheel.
    8. I have only 20 folding chairs for seminar seating....bring a lawnchair
    9. We provide the 15' X 20' reserved space, ONLY. If you want a display table, please bring it yourself
    10. Only 8 vendor spaces have auxillary 110 volt receptacles. If you need electricity for your display area, call me SOON !
    11. NO smoking and NO alcohol in the hangar, or near airplanes
    12. All monies (in excess of expenses) will be returned to participating racing clubs, teams/vendors
    Please help us make this an event that helps new racers get started in our sport. BRING A NEW RACER ! Call me to reserve your space.
    Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S, home 740-754-2097 or cell 740-319-5040 email: mcarolmike@aol.com
    P.S. My condolences to the family of Jan Rinker who died this week in Syracuse, Indiana. Jan molded my first "store-bought" BU runabout back in 1965...I still race it occasionally. Also, sorry to Dan at www.hydroracer.net for the hacker infiltration his famous outboard racing website suffered this week. He has been a great supporter of the Zanesville Swap Meet
Working...
X