Ocoee-Brian Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocoee-Brian Rhodes

For those of you not in Ocoee, Brian Rhodes, 8-W, was injured Friday, March 11 in 25SSR. He was hit by another boat and the propeller injured him from his left shoulder to his left elbow. His tricep muscle was severed and required surgery to be repaired along with many, many stiches.
    Brian was released from the hospital, Tuesday, March 15.
    They are still watching his wounds for infection.
    He does have movement in his hand but will require rehab for his muscle injuries which will be a long, painful recovery.
    Team ZolKar/Brainwave has set up a benefit fund for Brian to help offset some of the expenses that he will incur during his recovery. We would like to see the "Brains" back in a race boat if at all possible.

Please send donations to:
    Community First Credit Union
    P.O. Box 1487
    Appleton, WI 54912-9841
    (920) 830-7200
    Make checks payable to:
    Brian Rhodes Benefit Account# 928040[/B]

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and concerns throughout the weekend.
    We will keep you posted on his progress.

Joe, Tom and Brian
    Team ZolKar/Brainwave
    Attached Files

thanks for the update joey, ive been waiting to see how hes doing, tell brains im prayin for him. ill stop by the shop one night next week, when im on break.

donny

Comment

We stopped by on Monday afternoon before we flew out. Brian was in great spirits. And for all the work they did on him I was very pleased to see him in such a good mood. The Hospital took great care of him and treated him very well. I know he will be back soon and we all want to see him back on the race coarse. Team Zolcar you guys are great!!!! and believe me if he didn't have you guys things would be much different. I know one thing he still wants to get on his 1000 rev because he brought that up. Keep us all in the loop on his progress. Mike
      mike ross

Comment

Give what you can

I just sent a check to the fund. Please do the same.
        My Family having been on the reciving end of this last year, I'm speaking with
        experience ,that It is a huge help and relief to know
        That some of the bills are getting paid. Racers take care of each other in times like this. Number one reason I race . THE RACING FAMILY Get well Brian
        Steve

Comment

We are thinking of you!

Hang in there buddy! Just wanted you to know my family & many more are praying for you!
          17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

We had a chance to stop by and visit with Brian On Monday before we left. He was in good spirits considering all work the hospital did on his arm. The hospital was great and treated him super. From the sounds of it he will be back after he gets all healed up. Thanks should go out to Team Zolcar. You guys are the reason he came back racing and will be the reason he stays on your team. We in the boat racing world have 2 family's our kids, spouces, and parents and the racers who we spend as so much time with at races, and getting our equipment together during the week prior to racing. I don't know what I would do without my 2nd family . Anyway get well soon from one of your 2nd family memebers. Team Zolcar keep him busy popping some beers for you while you get his rig back in order. Brian can't wait to see you and Dewey doing battle again. Mike
            mike ross

Comment

update on Brian

Brian is home and recovering. He went to the doctor this week at home. There is no infection at this time which is good news. It will be 4-6 weeks before he can start rehab.

If you'd like to contact Brian to say hi his phone number is 920-841-1008.

Thanks for all your support.

Team Zolkar/Brain Wave

Comment

Working...
              X