David Scott DSH motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Scott DSH motors

I got to be the lucky 8th DSH driver. You need 8 for a winter nationals. I got to try a David Scott D Stock motor. I went and borrowed a Palmquest 90 something DSH nationals prop and put it on my DMod flyer.

With my first setup and 100 pounds over wieght at least... I was in the hunt. The props was a little stiff but it really came on at the end of the straits. If the prop was a little less stiff I would have been in the pack. I will have to yell at Palmquest for giving me a poor prop for that track.

I have to say David did a great job on this motor. I plan on buying one as soon as I can.

The DSH ride was nice and I have to say sorry for almost putting David in the weeds on the first heat start. I was pushing for an outside possition at the start and did not hear him on the outside of me. "Load pipes save lives" Every class I run you can hear the motor of the boat comming up on your outside. Sorry David.

Nationals Entry fees DSH $40
    Adding Stock classes to APBA membership $35
    6 more laps at 75mph in March in a hydro Priceless!

DSH ride

Hey Brian,

I wanted to thank you for stepping up and helping us out in the class. I did not know I guess I missed the fact that you had to pay the crossover, so send me your address and I will send you a cheque for the 35.00USD. I am just glad you got a ride. The other thing with that motor is that is a brand new virgin block with about 6 heats if racing including yours and by the end of this year should be well seasoned and will find it's own.

Don;t worry about the push, I have been in worst places on the race course. see you on the course.

Regards
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Dave,
      Thanks for the use of the cart. Will have it at Franklin. May try to make your race before Franklin. Would that motor be avail to try on Alans rig? How many DMH, CMH, DSH do you expect?
      Alans going to drop trailer at my place on his way to Conn. for Franklin.

What's the build details / sticker price on that DSH motor?

19P---AKA---"FLIPPER" (gotta learn not to try SURFING on those Yamato BMH wakes!!!)
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Almonte

Hey Steve,

That motor is already on a boat at almonte, but I am sure we can figure something out. We should have about 9 or 10 d"s at Almonte. CMH Hydro's I am not sure. DMH we should have 6 or 7 anyway, if not I can get some of the stock boys to step up.

No problem for the cart bring it with you wherever, I will be at Franklin, I am bringing a new motor to Ken W.

Regards,
        Dave Scott
        Aim Marine Inc.
        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
        Ottawa, Canada
        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by crankbearing
          Hey Steve,

That motor is already on a boat at almonte, but I am sure we can figure something out. We should have about 9 or 10 d"s at Almonte. CMH Hydro's I am not sure. DMH we should have 6 or 7 anyway, if not I can get some of the stock boys to step up.

No problem for the cart bring it with you wherever, I will be at Franklin, I am bringing a new motor to Ken W.

Regards,
          hey guys, you need to keep an eye out on Dave, as he wants to keep you in the bar till 2:30AM the night before a big race!!!!!!!!

now Dave and Ed Hern, why would Dunkin Donuts not make us a hamburger?????????
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH
            Dave,
            Thanks for the use of the cart. Will have it at Franklin. May try to make your race before Franklin. Would that motor be avail to try on Alans rig? How many DMH, CMH, DSH do you expect?

19P---AKA---"FLIPPER" (gotta learn not to try SURFING on those Yamato BMH wakes!!!)
            now Steve, "Flipper" used to be my AKA. I was doing all so well putting that name behind me, until the second heat of the CSR final...........sorry Brad Miller!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Dave,

oh ya, if I can squeeze it on the trailer and plans go as hoped (and I still have the CMH rig), I might bring it to Franklin!
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Will run my c-mod Merc on Alan's rig at Franklin-May and Nationals-Aug., if it performs at all. Should have Transum adapter ready. Could not jack it high enough at Ocoee.

Stacks really sound sweet in valley at Franklin.

What are you running for advance on yours Daren? Was going to try .370-.380 BTDC on mine.

Did you get Merc foot back together?

19P
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Will run my c-mod Merc on Alan's rig at Franklin-May and Nationals-Aug., if it performs at all. Should have Transum adapter ready. Could not jack it high enough at Ocoee.

Stacks really sound sweet in valley at Franklin.

What are you running for advance on yours Daren? Was going to try .370-.380 BTDC on mine.

Did you get Merc foot back together?

19P
                  uh advance........wutz dat? I run it wherever it likes to run, no just kiddin, I think right now it is around .375, but still has not been tested enough to properly "dial" it in. Yep, the Merc foot is back together now........1:1's now.......thanks buddy. I need your address though........
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

David...

David,

Money well spent.... Thank you anyway. I will just have to race more stock this year. I will be buying stuff soon enough. When ever you need an 8th boat I will be there, I saved and marked the shim sticks.

Found out why the DSH ride was not as good as it could be. My left sponson delaminated. I had a 2foot hole in it after the first heat the second was much faster without the 30lbs of water in her left side. Duct tape and screws.

On a side note...
                    Total damaged parts at national and testing:
                    2 yamato gear boxes
                    1 omc powerpack
                    1 prototype DMH ignition
                    left sponson on the flyer
                    runabout turn fin (fixed) see post
                    18inch hole in runabout where turn fin was... (fixed) see post
                    12x12 canopy put to rest
                    1 265 75 r 16 trailer tire
                    1 kill switch

Lost items:
                    1 gray box/tub of hardware, dremel tool, steering cable, 2 kill switches new
                    and a ton of other little parts like corks!!!! Left the damm thing on the road when loading!!!

The sick part is I would do it all again next week if I had more vacation days. (Except the gray box thing)

Comment

Bar Hopping

Originally posted by mercguy
                      hey guys, you need to keep an eye out on Dave, as he wants to keep you in the bar till 2:30AM the night before a big race!!!!!!!!

now Dave and Ed Hern, why would Dunkin Donuts not make us a hamburger?????????
                      Now that's Scary. Who drank the third shot of Zambuca. Daren! we did not go to a Dunkin Donuts, we went to a quickie mart, I think... Yes and I paid for it the next day. Man this getting older stuff really blows. Oh Well! I guess I have to build up to the 3am race nights, it'll come around by Crystal Lake.

Man did I suck at pool that night, Sorry! Daren. Maybe it was the three white balls.

Regards,
                      Dave Scott
                      Aim Marine Inc.
                      613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                      Ottawa, Canada
                      DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by crankbearing
                        Now that's Scary. Who drank the third shot of Zambuca. Daren! we did not go to a Dunkin Donuts, we went to a quickie mart, I think... Yes and I paid for it the next day. Man this getting older stuff really blows. Oh Well! I guess I have to build up to the 3am race nights, it'll come around by Crystal Lake.

Man did I suck at pool that night, Sorry! Daren. Maybe it was the three white balls.

Regards,
                        is that what those shots were??? The waitress came around and gave me my credit card bill and I did not know what the heck I was paying for?????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well, if was all fun.........
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X