Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocoee Update

News from Ocoee for those of us stuck at home:

25ssR - bad wreck involving 5 boats at the 1000' buoy before the start. Andy Anderson, Brian Rhodes, Bob Dunlap, Bob Nuccio & 1 other were involved. I hear boats were really torn up including the right side of Dunlap's. Rhodes was injured with surgery needed on his arm with some muscle damage. He's spending the night in the hospital I believe. Best wishes to Brains in his recovery as I think he'll be okay. Congrats to Jerry Davids, winner of 25SSR.

Water - very rough today with a lot of flips in turn 2. Race committee moved the course closer to shore to keep racing. They have done all they can considering the conditions. Racing was postponed for the day Friday at 4:30pm.

FEH - 12 boats! They have yet to run, hopefully on good water Saturday.

20ssH - Not sure how many boats but scheduled to run Sat but may be pushed back to Sunday.

CSR - Elimination heats! Yet to run on Saturday.

BSH - Nate Forshey either blew the gears or blew a crank in heat 1. Tough luck for the Columbus, OH driver.

That's all I have for now....I'm sure someone down there will post more as it comes in I hope!

Jerry Brewster
    Last edited by Brew56; 03-12-2005, 12:09 PM.
    www.trora.com

Thanks for the update

Originally posted by Brew56

FEH - 12 boats! They have yet to run, hopefully on good water Saturday.

Jerry Brewster
    I forsee another boat and motor in my future! Oh Matt.......

Are all the FE hydro entries "real" FE's or are some of them step ups?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Any Pro boats show up?
      Sattler Racing R-15
      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
      TEAM VRP
      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

CSR update

I just spoke w/jerry davids. They ran the elim's in CSR but no final was run yet. That was 25ssr he won. And yes, we all are very proud of our little boy.

Cookie and Ronny Waterson were DQ'd for missing some odd bouy before the start. other than that, WIND HOLD is the word of the day.
        -Chicks dig fat dudes......pass the cheese

Comment

Update from Ocoee, Fla:

They are back racing on much better water Saturday.

Mike Cook was the other driver involved in the 25R incident. Guess his new boat is tore up pretty bad.

Steve French went over in BMH this am. He's okay.

They're gonna be racing all day to try to catch up. They were running CMR at 10:30 am. Hopefully the water will stay calm for them.

Forshey's B Stock was only a broken ignition wire luckily.

I'll try to find out about the FE's. Not sure since they haven't run yet. It was really cool (yet depressing) to hear "all boats are legal" in the background when I called.

More later,
          Jerry Brewster
          Last edited by Brew56; 03-12-2005, 12:01 PM.
          www.trora.com

Comment

FEH field looks tough

FEH's include Palmer, Mason, Grimes, & Brian Palmquist running Rosado's rig. They ran the race but I only know that Grimes got wet but is okay.

Just in 1:00 PM Sat.- water is beginning to get rough again....windy. But they're racing. 20ssH heat doesn't run for 21 more heats & 2 patrol boat changes. Probably running Sunday as they have to be off the water at 6pm.

DMH - B. Palmquist blew over & got a slight wound to his hand. He's still racing with it.

J.B.
            www.trora.com

Comment

DMH & FEH

Thanks for the constant updates! Keep up the good work, can't wait to hear the results of D and FE!

Comment

4:00 PM- still on Friday's schedule. Racing has been on & off hold all afternoon.

The turnout is huge. My Dad said "it's just like the old days". That is great news. Most classes have 8-10 boats.

I do not have many results but just some highlights. I'm sure someone will be posting from down there.

CSH - 2 boats blew over heading into turn 1 and then another was involved as well (2 were Pater & G. Lewis). All were okay...apparently it was spectacular. No results yet.

CMH - Eric VanOver ran real strong in heat one and looked dominant. Ht 2 was yet to run.

FEH - Brian Palmquist won in Vicki Smith's new rig she bought from Rosado. Dave Mason was out front in heat one but missed a buoy.

DMH - Lyle Mason ran real good and I believe he finished 2nd. Not sure who won yet though.

Pro's - I believe there's a good number of 125's but don't think they ran yet.

J.B.
                www.trora.com

Comment

Thanks for the updates.

Originally posted by Brew56

The turnout is huge. My Dad said "it's just like the old days". That is great news. Most classes have 8-10 boats.

J.B.
                  Nothing like a full (or nearly full) field. Wish that I could have been there!

Sounds like they're having the same kind of weather in Florida that we're having in Louisiana. WINDY!

<table class="LAWNHnavOut" onclick="window.open('http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/garden/local/USLA0046?par=OAP&site=LAWNH&code=1002886204')" ?border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="160"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" valign="top" width="45"></td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="115">80°F
                  Fair</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"></td></tr> <tr> <td class="LAWNHobsWx" colspan="2" align="left" valign="top">Feels Like: 79°F
                  Humidity:24%
                  Wind: SSW at 19 mph</td></tr></tbody> </table>

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Wish I was There

Sounds exciting with all the nearly or full fields down there..I was wishing that I was there for the weather, but we had absolutely gorgeous weather here in east Tennessee! (sorry Jerry ) Little windy to do any testing, but was able to clean up the boat and the trailer so we are ready. Thanks 56 for the updates and hope to see everyone in the pitts soon!
                    Nate
                    76-K
                    Time to go fishing!

Comment

Pic's I hope

From Saturday
                      Attached Files

Comment

Little Update

It was great to see Larry Terzinski step up from DMH to run in FEH. Same equipment. He not only competed he took third!!! He also took third in DMH. Good job lars!

Comment

Here are a few more photos from Ocoee.
                          Attached Files

Comment

DMH &amp; FEH &amp; CMH

Does anyone know the results of these three classes 1ST- 3RD?

Comment

DMH Results

Believe DMH results were
                              1st Hauenstein
                              2nd Mason
                              3rd Terzinski

I know Terzinski placed 3rd in FEH.

Comment

Working...
                              X