Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren, PA cancelled

Dear Racers,

Today I had to make the difficult decision to postpone the June 11 & 12 Warren, PA race for this year. After receiving feedback from our Board members, I have decided this was the best thing to do. The race suggested recently that rather than risking losing the possibility for future events there due to low turnout this year, we may be best to cancel this year and try for an exclusive date in 2006. I believe that we would have had a very disappointing turnout this year at Warren. The Promoter and his crew of helpers have treated us great and do not deserve a sub-par showing.

My thoughts for 2006 (if they will have us) is to shoot for a date in May. My first thought is that this will help with the biggest problem at Warren: pleasure boat wakes. It would also relieve the problem of sending boaters through every 30 mins as requested this year by the fish & boat commission. Finally, we MAY be able to find a date that doesn't conflict as much as this year's. I know that will be tough but if this plan works for TRORA and the race promoter then 2006 could be a much better event in my opinion.

I send my deepest appreciation to ALL former/current Race Directors....it's a tough position to be in.

Jerry Brewster
    www.trora.com

How SAD

We were just talking about last years warren race last weekend. Jerry Davids, Myself, Paul Seeger, we all had planned on going this year. Not to offend any other races, but I think warren was one of the most FUN and relaxing races I went to all year. I hope it comes back around ASAP.

PS if you get the chance, throw some PRO classes on the future schedule. We'll do what we can to get enough boats to make a show.
    -Chicks dig fat dudes......pass the cheese

Comment

completely understood

Hey Jerry,

We have similar concerns with our Denton race scheduled the same weekend - unfortunately we're not sure if we will be able to return in '06 to Denton if we don't hold a race in '05.

So, we're going to have to put on the best show we can realizing the importance of the race in Whitney Point that weekend.

Good luck to you,
      Sean

Comment

Thanks Sean. Yeah, it's tough and I understand how tough it is to get a date that the town is happy with and one that works with the current schedule. So I don't have any bad feelings at all, just gonna try again next year. The race promoter in Warren is very supportive of us and understands the situation. I plan to go fishing with him this summer to make plans for '06.....hopefully an early May kickoff after Millville.

Jerry
        www.trora.com

Comment

Working...
        X