X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Changes to Minor Release Forms *APBA Web Site

Important Changes to Minor Release Forms
    Monday, February 28, 2005

To all APBA Scorers: Please read the following changes for 2005 regarding the Minor Release Forms. Remember that APBA has a different insurance carrier (K&K Insurance) in 2005, so forms may look different and the way these forms are handled may be different.

I. The following are the same as in 2004:

1. Minors do not sign the adult Waiver & Release
    2. A minor is anyone under 18 years of age.
    3. No one under 14 is permitted in the designated Hot Pit Area except when competing in a class.

II. The following are NEW for 2005:

Please read carefully to be sure you understand what forms have changed when allowing a minor to register for the event and/or any minor requesting access into the pit area.

1. The 2005 Minor Release is a two sided form and requires completion by both parent/guardian and the minor.

2. A Racing Minor’s APBA card will have a hole punched in it OR the word MINOR after their name. They are not required to sign any other waiver. Their release is good for the entire APBA racing year.
    - ie: If the minor has joined APBA and has their card, they have all the correct forms at APBA Headquarters.
    This is the same as last year except that the card may either have a hole punched in it or have the word MINOR on it, but not both.

3. All OTHER minors must present a completed (both sides) Minor Release form signed by a parent or legal guardian (court appointed) BEFORE entering any restricted area. For 2005 the Minor Release must be filled out at each event.

Note: Anyone needing additional supplies of Minor Release forms, please contact APBA Headquarters at 586-773-9700, fax: 586-773-6490, e-mail: apbahq@apba-racing.com
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

#3 Looks pretty important everyone should read this.

3. No one under 14 is permitted in the designated Hot Pit Area except when competing in a class.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Hot pits . . .

That no 14 year olds in the hot pits rule popped up years ago. Panic ensured until we defined "hot pits" at an outboard race to be the wet spot off the beach where boats wait for the green flag. If yo' feet are dry, you're in the cold pits.

Although many of our under 14s are capable hot pit crew members, this is an okay rule. If one kid goes in the water the "Lemming Rule" takes effect and the rest will follow. Soon drivers entering and leaving the pits have to weave through a maze of water winged kids, belly board kids, rubber duckys, and assaults by Super Soaker. Yeesh!
      carpetbagger

Comment

Okay

No one under 14 in hot pit area unless competing will never fly. What are they trying to do regulate kids out of racing ? If it is not for the kids at a younger age getting involved, how the heck can you capture interest ? I for one let all the kids sit in my boat and play in it. As a kid I always thought it was very cool to get up close and look. This rule absolutley does not promote boat racing in any way. I say sour grapes to K&K for that rule. I swear we are gonna regulate ourselves right out of boat racing, dam red tape anyways.

What the hell are we supposed to do with family ? This means we can't take our kids with us anymore ? I am not a dad, but see all to many kids at races to think this rule can be enforced. What a crock of BS.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
        X