Lost another Boat Racer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Lang View Post
    Bob, doesn't look like Jim used the exhaust stacks that Art Pugh designed for Bill Fales. Bill said to me that it gave his 460 about a 4 mph boost. Though Jim might have had a set made.
    Do you know what has happened to Snookie? He made that 2 cyl 500 overweight DeSilva and his size really move.
    Al, I have Jim's 460 (Big Four) at my shop. I have the stacks you mentioned for it but Jim did not use them. I will put them on as they look cool. Jim bought this engine from Bill Fales. The inside of the crankcase is all polished. I bet Elli Langdon had his hands in it. When I finish it it will be up for sale. Jim's Zak Konig was sold as his PR65. I believe Snooky is still alive but not in good shape. He still had his Konig which he claims was the first Konig bought in the US. I think his son has the engine. I have movies of both Jim with the Big Four and Snooky running FRR. They let Snooky run by himself because of his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Lang View Post
      Bob, doesn't look like Jim used the exhaust stacks that Art Pugh designed for Bill Fales. Bill said to me that it gave his 460 about a 4 mph boost. Though Jim might have had a set made.
      Do you know what has happened to Snookie? He made that 2 cyl 500 overweight DeSilva and his size really move.
      Snookie was my brother in law. This picture also shows one of the first 4 cylinder Konigs on Snookies boat N111. He was a large man but did manage to be pretty fast.
      He is also up in the boat racer heaven.

Comment

Pat, thanks for the info on Snooky. He was a jovial soul and remember his first race on the Island with the 2 cyl Konig and the DeSilva. He was pitched out and cart wheeled across the water and walked back to the boat with the biggest grin on his face. He was really hooked after so much trouble with the DU. Stay warm.

Comment

Went to to Jim's funeral last night. There were many pictures of Jim racing. Here is the one that were handed out to guests. Past racers that I saw were Doug & Linda Bindrim, Jim Wright, Pete Voss & Diane Murray, Howie Pickerell, Cookie Hooghkirk, Zam, & the Scopinich family. There were most likely more but there were so many people there I could not get to see. Bob N-96
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, we went to Jim's fair well party yesterday. It was well attended and a lot of stories were told. Fair well Jam and God speed. Here is one last picture of Jim.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting Bob. Jim was like having a school teacher following me around the race course. "Now Joe, you can't hook turn that 1100 like you could that J." I can hear him screaming now! God speed, Jim.

Comment

Working...
              X