are any plans to build alight weight boat dolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are any plans to build alight weight boat dolly

Anyone out there who built or have plans for a nice lightweight boat dolly to fit ASH. Im in the process of setting my new work shop making room for all the boat goodies
    Eriel Garrastegui
    ASR 30-D "ShockWave"

Aluminum Dolly

Talk to Dwight Malhiot, Region 10... he builds lightweight aluminum dollys...

Comment

James Luce

Seeing as how you are located in CT, James Luce is based out of Long Island and is building boat carts. He is on this site (James Luce is his username).
      Shawn Breisacher

Comment

James Luce builds a nice aluminum boat cart. i wanted to get a couple @ Nationals, floods happen, what else can I say. James if you read this are you or your dad coming to Jesup? if so bring me a pair of carts please

Comment

Thank you soo much guys great appreciated this. just a heads up I'm posting a another topic up for motors shortly...i'm new to the ASH so I'm learning everything.
          Eriel Garrastegui
          ASR 30-D "ShockWave"

Comment

Boat cart

Easy to build one. I used square aluminum tubing of a couple of dimensions that telescope (fit) inside each other. If you want to break it down to smaller pieces you can use the smaller inner piece to facilitate joints and bolt together with ss carriage bolts and wing nuts for easy assembly and disassembly.

Comment

Sounds really easy to do..whats the full length and what type of wheels?
              Eriel Garrastegui
              ASR 30-D "ShockWave"

Comment

Here are some pictures of what I made.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Marsden View Post
                  Here are some pictures of what I made.
                  Syd what are the dimensions of your dolly?
                  Eriel Garrastegui
                  ASR 30-D "ShockWave"

Comment

I sent you a email.

Comment

There are always trade-offs. Light is nice to carry and pack up but add some wheelbarrow-size pneumatic tires to handle off-roading on stones and sand and all of a sudden it floats so is a hassle to put the boat on it in the water.

Comment

carts

Boat Carts, James isn't coming to Jesup but he can send them with someone. They are nice aluminum carts. post here if you want one or more and he will get the message.

Comment

Add some lead weight or a steel bar to the axel of the cart to sink it and prevent floating. Problem solved.

Bob Smiley

Comment

I have seen folks struggle a lot with the light carts and adding weight asks the question why make it super light.. Either fill the tires with the heavy crap they put in tractor tires or make the cart heavier.. Ours are all steel but they come apart and are easy to store.. They are made by Daren Goehring's brother and they are painted and never have rusted
                            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

all i do, weld up is some 1 inch conduit,slip fit,3 piece cart,handle middle an back section,large diameter rear lawn mower wheels,from a junk mower on trash night,duct tape some old wet socks for pads,thats how i roll,built for under
                              20 bucks,plenty enough for an A

Comment

Working...
                              X