Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omc piston part number 040

looking for the omc weisco 040 legal part number. thanks md

I called weisco says you have to order 12 which will cost about 2000 and take about about 4 to 5 weeks to get

Comment

pisssstons ?

$166.++ each??????????

Comment

7d

part #3036P4 rings 2228KD Any marina that is a Wisco dealer can get these one or a dozen ,If you get in a bind I have some in stock

Comment

thanks howie

Comment

the 040 wiseco pistons have been legal for 200 cc for at least 12 years. I bored my best block o/s and installed wiseco 3136 p4 pistons and 2228kd rings .After 2 hours break in the motor dropped from a previous reading of 59 plus mph to 52 mph and no punch. Buyer Beware Racer Ron 905-309=1458

Comment

Wiseco does not currently make the 3036P4 pistons, they are NLA. I am working with them to have the piston made. If it is a custom piston I will have to order at least 12 pieces minimum and the cost will be over $100 and the part number will change. If they reinstate the part the cost will be greatly reduced. They were supposed to get back with me this week but have not as of Fri. I will probably order 18 or 24 if they are a custom piston. I have checked with the other manufacturers and nobody makes a +.040 piston.

Comment

Sea-Way

Sea-Way is a Wiseco Distributor - not dealer. We called Wiseco and can "Special Order" the piston and have them in 3 - 4 weeks. The "Racer" price would be $51.98 (Essentially Dealer Price). Minimum order is QTY 12. If you all want to order them through us - contact Dave Losvar (davel@sea-way.com Ph 800-332-0803) and once we have a Qty of 12 on order we'll go ahead and get them made.

Comment

Thank you SeaWay (Greg & Dave) for always being there to support racing! We all appreciate your years of support and service.

Comment

My business has been a Sea way dealer forever!! Never knew they were boat racers (until I saw their 45 OMC project a while back). That made me want to do even more with them. These guys certainly have the "hard to find" stuff. Never failed to come through on several parts that were basically considered extinct!! Thanks, Bryan Tharp

Comment

Hum

Originally posted by racer ron View Post
                      the 040 wiseco pistons have been legal for 200 cc for at least 12 years. I bored my best block o/s and installed wiseco 3136 p4 pistons and 2228kd rings .After 2 hours break in the motor dropped from a previous reading of 59 plus mph to 52 mph and no punch. Buyer Beware Racer Ron 905-309=1458

Racer Ron (aka Ron France) is Chairman Of the OMC A Tech Committee for the SORC. Why is it this piston is approved over his obvious concerns?? Is it true SEVERAL OMC A Engines in MOD Configuration (200cch) have tried these pistons and stuck engines??

Perhaps some folks with some experience with these pistons should step up and post their story.........

Comment

Wiseco pistons are forged and if skirt clearance is not set up a little loose, they will tighten up every time. That's why the instruction sheet in the box gives you the specs.

Comment

Greg, Please give me a call. I have been in contact with Wiseco 2-3 times a week about this piston.

Comment

On Order

Already recieved enough orders - so we ordered a bunch of these pistons yesterday - if you need any call Dave Losvar at Sea-Way 800-332-0803 or E-Mail him at davel@sea-way.com.

Comment

Working...
                            X