J-Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Meeting

Does anyone have any information from the J meeting ????????????
    Tom

???

Originally posted by Tom Cronk View Post
    Does anyone have any information from the J meeting ????????????
    Tom
    Tom..........what did you want to know. I got bits and pieces from Paul Price.

The JH 1/2" tuck rule will stay in place. Also i hear some folks are going to be playing with larger restrictor plates in the OMC. Their was nothing posted on the APBA site for anything but the Stock Outboard meeting.

Comment

Restrictors?

Are they talking about J or AX Restrictors ?
      Dan Wilde
      58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

Both

Originally posted by dwilderacer View Post
        Are they talking about J or AX Restrictors ?
        Dan
        I believe Teams running the larger 'plates' will count on the race course as a entry but will not receive points while competing with the larger 'plates'.

Maybe Pat G. will post the minutes soon and explain more

Comment

Pickle fork

What did they do on pickle fork rule for J classes??
          Have 3 boats to do.
          Tom

Comment

The minutes from the J meeting are now on APBA'a social page.

Here is your wording Tom -

g. Pickle Point Rule – change proposed by Jeff Williams - Rule 17, Letter A, the first two sentences remain the same, then change to read: At one termination point, the thickness must remain at ¾”, at the other the thickness must remain at ½”. In addition the drawing will be changed. Motion by Adam Allen, seconded by Robin Shane. Motion passed unanimously.
            444-B now 4-F
            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

and when & where will the drawing be available? thanks in advance!

Comment

I heard if your bottom bearing falls off then the crank will be compared with other cranks and bearing. Stock motors do not have vertical play in the fly wheel. This is second hand as I was not in meeting.

Comment

Hum

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                  I heard if your bottom bearing falls off then the crank will be compared with other cranks and bearing. Stock motors do not have vertical play in the fly wheel. This is second hand as I was not in meeting.

Doc..........the bottom bearing on a Merc 15 is a 'press fit' bearing. Only way it would 'fall off' would be if someone removes metal from the crankshaft to create illegal endplay??

I believe the goal is to make folks aware that the J Committee will not tolerate this practice and it is not the way the motor came from Mercury.

Kinda reminds me of the folks in the 1990's who were reaming out the OMC 15 pistons and wrist pins to allow 'float' in the piston. The OMC wrist pins were 'press fit' from the factory and cheaters saw a way to get a little edge. It was to bad the SORC saw fit to just make a rule to allow everyone to ream the pistons out to allow the wristpins to float in lieu of enforcing keeping the motor STOCK.

This unfortunately is the kind of thing happened to the Merc 15 when the 'plugging' issue surfaced a few years ago. Instead of making the few cheaters unplug the motors the J Committee blessed plugging and let everyone do it instead of leaving the Merc 15 in STOCK configuration.

Just a few thoughts on a 12 degree day snowy day her in DC.

Hope all is well with you, Braxton and Rick. You guys coming to Jesup for the Mod Winter Nationals in April??

Matt and Val

Comment

Rick will be There

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                    Doc..........
                    Hope all is well with you, Braxton and Rick. You guys coming to Jesup for the Mod Winter Nationals in April??

Matt and Val
                    Matt,

Doc will be at Jesup, if he can score some practice tickets for The Master during the week beforehand!

DW
                    David Weaver

Comment

Team motors in pieces

Yes, we plan to travel around the world to race someone that may not live that far from us, because the weather could be hot.

Comment

Working...
                      X