Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200ccMod Rules

2014 200ccMod Rules:

Rule 3. "squirt can" primer hole diameter not specified. 2" dia. would be nice. Could not miss with squirt gun but boat spray may be a problem that big. Maybe a specified maximum dia. rule would help new prospective Mod racers.

Rule 28. Second sentence "If it is painted, the color must be the same as the original factory motor color. The "Factory color and decals in the 2013 Rule 3. were removed. Therefore, the engine can be any color but the lower unit must be the Factory color or polished?

Note:
    Not trying to cause problems just want to get my hands around the 200ccMod Rules so as to make a decision about whether to run Mod this season.
    Bill

my dad and I looked at the inspection manual and I guess the moter from the gearcase up can be any color.the gearcase must be factory color or polished.the squirt can hole is really not needed if you remove the idle adjustment you can get to the carborator that way,maybe jeff Williams can give you better info.i think this class should be talked about in reno ,people are looking at 200ccm as a place to run there omc a moters and have a chance to win(no sidwinders),if that is the plan for a lot of omc owners make sure you keep 200ccm a omc class only

Comment

Thanks for your input. I think that this class has a great future for many of OMC A owners and will give them the opportunity to continue racing in APBA and not dropping out. It will give OMC A people a class to race their stock engine and allow them to modify if they wish to as time goes by. It will help if the rules are clear and easy to understand for those of us just thinking of racing Mod, and yes OMC A only in 200ccMod.

I guess I was trying to also make a point. A large hole being passed off as a hole for priming could allow the carburetor unrestricted access to air and possibly a speed advantage. I don't know if it would be an advantage or disadvantage under certain conditions. Just wondering.

On the "Factory color" I just think it doesn't even need to be there and was something left over when they removed the requirement for the engine to be painted the "Factory color". Would just require a housekeeping change to this rule unless there is a "special" paint that we are unaware of that would be slicker out there and give a speed advantage.

Bill

Comment

200ccMod Height

Is the Mod height rule going to be the same as the new 2014 SO height of 1" or remain at the 2013 1 3/8"?

Comment

far as I know the mod height rule is still the same as 2013.now if you run both classes you will have to change the setup between the two.

Comment

Working...
          X