Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed Yamato 302 class?

Hi!
    I've been on the car racing side of things for a while, but am currently helping a friend running a 145 cube class inboard hydro with the CRA folks, thus renewing the boat bug!
    To make things worse, he wants to let me drive the boat at next race! :-)
    Just for curiosity... Did anything become of that sealed motor/spec prop class you guys were looking at a while back?
    Bob

Originally posted by Bmwbob View Post
    Hi!
    I've been on the car racing side of things for a while, but am currently helping a friend running a 145 cube class inboard hydro with the CRA folks, thus renewing the boat bug!
    To make things worse, he wants to let me drive the boat at next race! :-)
    Just for curiosity... Did anything become of that sealed motor/spec prop class you guys were looking at a while back?
    Bob
    Someone will chim in with more details but from what i have seen; its going to be a very successful class. If i wasnt committed to a plethora of classes already, id be racing a 302ssh next year.

Comment

302ssh

So 302SSH is what you ended up calling it, eh?
      Has it produced the type of tight pack racing that everyone hoped for?
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwbob View Post
        So 302SSH is what you ended up calling it, eh?
        Has it produced the type of tight pack racing that everyone hoped for?
        Bob
        Ive watched it in michigan (i dont remember how many boats, 5-6 maybe) and they all looked equally powered from what i remember, any of them couldve won. If a new person is interested in the sport, 302ssh IS the class they should be directed to.
        Now we just need a 302ssR class.

Comment

302ssH

Bob, The class here in region 6 has taken off in a strong way. Our club MHRA has 6-7 boats at our races and is growing in size through our racers school. If you are interested in getting started please feel free to go to our website michiganhydroplane.com . You can contact us or me if you would like and I can answer your questions if you like. It is the best thing going for our club right now and it is only going to get bigger around the country.

Tim Sidor

Comment

Good on ya!

Glad to hear this is working out!
            Maybe it's time to start boat hunting again?
            Bob

Comment

If You Rip Over With A "Sealed" Motor

If you tip over with a "Sealed" motor, do you have to pay to get your motor re-sealed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
                If you tip over with a "Sealed" motor, do you have to pay to get your motor re-sealed?
                I would say yes. Below is the rule from the SO tech manual.

Repair Centers: The following men have accepted the responsibility of being an authorized repair center for the class:

East - Jerry Davids Sr., Midwest - Tom Johnston, Northwest - Ric Montoya and Southwest - Roger Carr

There will be only four authorized centers and the centers will be appointed each year by the Stock Outboard Chairman. They will provide all internal mechanical repairs and refresh for the sealed portions of the engine. It is not permissible for an engine to be certified by the same repair center more two consecutive times. Ric Montoya or Tom Johnston may also inspect a previously raced stock 302 engine and detune the engine (if necessary) to make it legal for this class. Those costs will be determined by the repair center for labor and parts used. Once their work is completed, they will seal the engine and therefore approve it for racing.

If any of the four repair center member’s wish to participate in this class, another repair center must be used for certification of the member’s engine.

Comment

Anyone hear about the Yamato 321 motor? Replaces the Y302. Or is it just a rumor?
                  bill b

Comment

http://www.yamato-motor.co.jp/products/300motor.html
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Well thats going to open a whole new can of worms. 300ssh here we come!!!!
                      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Or maybe a C-3 class.
                        bill b

Comment

Brilliant

At least we aren't legislating stock outboard to rely on the 302.

The 300 thing will probably go 70 mph we better start a petition to keep out.

Comment

Bob,
                            Feel free to send a PM, or post your requests, if you want more information on 302ssH. It really turned out to be a Great class with very close racing.

Dave Anderson and Jeff Brewster are also good sources of information.

Hope to see you on the water next year,
                            Mike

Comment

My 302SS Motor

My 302SS motor is in work. Ric Montoya found a Stadium raced powerhead and gear case and I found a Stadium raced tower and pipe.

Looking forward to the Nationals in Moses Lake this summer.

I'll race it in the Region 10 "C Novice" class this year.

Dean Hobart
                              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                              X