From APBA headlines - Sidewinder teams with Jesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From APBA headlines - Sidewinder teams with Jesel

Racing Outboards L.L.C. Partners with Jesel, Inc.
    Mon, 11/04/2013 - 8:32am -- Ryan Berlin

Tampa, FL — October 21, 2013 — Racing Outboards, LLC, producers of the Sidewinder and Classic versions of the American Hot Rod outboard racing engines, J/A/+ racing gearcases, and other marine racing accessories, is partnering with Jesel, Inc. for the production of their Sidewinder versions of the Hot Rod outboard boat racing engine.

Sidewinder engines have just completed a successful year of competition in the American Power Boat Association’s Stock Outboard “A” & “B” Hydroplane and Runabout and 20SS Hydro classes. During the 2013 racing season, Sidewinder engines won numerous races and set five competition and four ¼ mile straightaway records.

With designs and specifications for all major components completed, Racing Outboards LLC, with the advanced manufacturing capabilities of Jesel, is positioning itself to handle future production runs of the Sidewinder engines.

About Racing Outboards LLC

Racing Outboards is headquartered in Tampa, Florida with design, engineering, assembly, and prototype manufacturing in Kempton, PA, and is privately held. For more information, visit the company's web site at

http://www.racingoutboards.com.

About Jesel, Inc.

Jesel Valvetrain has been the leading producer of racing valvetrain components for over 33 years. A completely automated computer controlled manufacturer, Jesel designs, tests and machines a wide variety of components to include: Roller Rocker Arms, Roller Lifters, Camshafts and Camshaft Beltdrives. Operating in a 68,000 sq ft modern facility, Jesel employs 55 technicians that operate 40 cnc machines. Equipped with a metallurgy lab, engine dynos and spintron test cells, Jesel engineers incorporate the very finest materials and processes to insure every design is tested, and proven to be the highest quality products available. For more information, visit the company's web site at

http://www.jesel.com

"Classic versions of the American Hot Rod outboard racing engines"

Who do i call to get one of these?
    Last edited by Apachemax; 11-06-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Very cool announcement.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Apachemax View Post

My thought exactly ... anyone have one of these or seen one from Sidewinder?
        Untethered from reality!

Comment

Pretty cool

I am surprised not more chatter on this. This could be VERY cool. Look how far it has come with one guy in the shop. Now it is in the hands of a RACE shop. Pretty cool. I have no idea what it means, but sounds cool.

12M

Comment

Originally posted by Apachemax View Post

What do you figure you would pay for it
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
              What do you figure you would pay for it
              The old answer the question with a question trick. Well played.
              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Jezel is a great company. We use their valve train components on a lot of bbc marine builds and especially tall deck big cubic inch deals. Not sure what would possess them to go small time? And, great shot at losing $$$.!!!

Comment

You are correct, Dean. I'm somewhat surprised myself. Racing Outboards is no longer just a two man operation. I don't know how the previous owners were set up as far as the manufacturing operations were concerned, but this affiliation is a sign of long term commitment by both Racing Outboards and a highly respected and successful manufacturer in the Automotive Racing field. This is a major accomplishment for Racing Outboards and a great opportunity for boat racing. Welcome, Jesel!
                  John Runne
                  2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

There is a brand new updated hotrod thats been on the rack for years and not one person has ever called and tried to buy it.
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

I have used Jesel products in the past, very "high-end" in both innovation and quality.
                      It will be interesting to see how the production quality and performance compares to the current motors.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                        There is a brand new updated hotrod thats been on the rack for years and not one person has ever called and tried to buy it.
                        The one that was assembled and never tested? Who knew it was for sale?

Add:As far as i know it was never tested.
                        Last edited by Apachemax; 11-06-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

SW driver

As a sidewinder driver I'm very excited about this. Mass production of parts? Awesome, going to clear some calender space for Ed Runne I'm sure. Thanks Jesel! Very much needed.

Now if only the 20ss drivers will keep my 20SW in that class.....
                          Kyle Bahl
                          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                            As a sidewinder driver I'm very excited about this. Mass production of parts? Awesome, going to clear some calender space for Ed Runne I'm sure. Thanks Jesel! Very much needed.

Now if only the 20ss drivers will keep my 20SW in that class.....
                            With all the pissing and moaning about the Sidewinder in just about every class here is a little food for thought. With the clout that Jesel has in the racing world they could put on a Sidwinder series run it under NBRA as the tital series does pulling all the Sidewinder people away from APBA good stuff

Comment

If you go back to the original threads about sidewinders...It does say they would be producing parts for the classic Hot rods. Everyone seems to have forgotten while worrying about what classes the SW's would be in
                              sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Working...
                              X