Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information wanted on DeSilvas from 50s

Hi folks,

I´m Andy from Germany and co-founder of a project which we´ve named 152VO. In this project we try to preserve as much as we can from the fifties, related to outboard racing by building r/c raceboats like several Kelly types, Speedliner Corsair, Switzercraft Baby Bullet etc. scaled to 1:5.2 and performing even team competitions. Many types are still available in their original plans, some are not. The Speedliner and the Baby Bullet have been built here by relofting from an original hull with the help of some friends like David, Scott or Rod.

Now we´re looking for some help in relofting a D or C class DeSilva, like the "Ring of Fire" which is owned by Artie Neadeck. What we need are dimensions - as much as possible, photographs and any sketches we can get.

If there is anybody able and willing to help it would be great. Some information about our projects can be found on www.152.de.

with best regards from Germany

Andy for 152VO
    Last edited by Andy_0558; 11-01-2013, 03:51 PM. Reason: typing

I am sure Ralph will help you.
    bill b

Comment

Thanks Bill - talking about Ralph himself :-)? currently I´m trying to contact him but wonder if he has an email address - could find one yet

Comment

Ralph is 91 years old and not a computer guy.

His phone number is 770-943-9494.

Tim
        Tim Weber

Comment

Hi Tim, many thanks for the number. I just want to inform you. Since I had no luck getting Ralph by phone, I used a conventional tool: I wrote a letter and sent the competition yearbook of our vintage outboard club over to him. Maybe one of his grand children can show him our site in the web

Comment

Ring of Fire

Originally posted by Andy_0558 View Post
            Hi folks,

I´m Andy from Germany and co-founder of a project which we´ve named 152VO. In this project we try to preserve as much as we can from the fifties, related to outboard racing by building r/c raceboats like several Kelly types, Speedliner Corsair, Switzercraft Baby Bullet etc. scaled to 1:5.2 and performing even team competitions. Many types are still available in their original plans, some are not. The Speedliner and the Baby Bullet have been built here by relofting from an original hull with the help of some friends like David, Scott or Rod.

Now we´re looking for some help in relofting a D or C class DeSilva, like the "Ring of Fire" which is owned by Artie Neadeck. What we need are dimensions - as much as possible, photographs and any sketches we can get.

If there is anybody able and willing to help it would be great. Some information about our projects can be found on www.152.de.

with best regards from Germany

Andy for 152VO
            I believe Ron Waterson Fishers Landing New York has Ring Of Fire in his shop

Comment

ron waterson has one of the ring of fire desilvas hanging up in his shop. it belongs to billy allen, i would contact billy first

Comment

Hi folks,

it´s been some months now, but i wanted to report (and thank you all) that I came into contact with Ralph - very successful at the end. I feel extremely honoured and grateful for his response and information.

Comment

Once again - after some months I´d like to show the boat, resulting from this thread. Ralph DeSilva had made "a little drawing" which allowed me to build up a r/c scaled model of his 13ft Flat Deck Runabout, built from 1954 through 1974, and this one I gave a "Ring of Fire" design. The boat is scaled to 1:5.2 and target speed is 65kmh / 40mph

So here´s a pic

and a short clip

Comment

Working...
                  X