Lee Sutter back in a SO Hydroplane - Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Sutter back in a SO Hydroplane - Video

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/hydroracertv/posts/10151924247687980" data-width="550"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/hydroracertv/posts/10151924247687980">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/hydroracertv">HydroRacer TV</a>.</div></div>
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Great Video! It has been awesome having Lee the last two years. Hard to beat his boat but fun hearing about the good ol’ days.

This video also demonstrates how amazing SOA’s “New Folks In Boats” program is. Makes me proud of my club! Zach Malhiot R-13

Comment

That was great. Well done SOA.
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

That was cool.
        Team Tower

Comment

The Red and White J/A boat I built about 1992 for my son Matt.
          bill b

Comment

Awesome video. Chip was my idol when I was a kid.
            Joe Silvestri
            CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
            JH/JR

Comment

66-e

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
              The Red and White J/A boat I built about 1992 for my son Matt.
              Bill
              I kinda like that 66-E boat in the video!!

Neat video by SOA.

Comment

cool stuff from SOA!!

another reason why Seattle Outboard Association is growing!!!!!

and just think Lee also raced DMH that weekend......hell yes!!!
                Last edited by mercguy; 10-18-2013, 10:13 PM.
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

AWESOME!

Love my club! We have some fun stuff going right now!
                  Last edited by Racerkyle20; 10-18-2013, 02:29 AM.
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

I met Lee back in 1960 in Beloit WI at the Nats when I was a teenager really great guy.
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

I got the opportunity to meet Lee at the reunion in DePue in 2012. Great guy and if I am not mistaken he was a member of the winning trivia contest team. Nice to see him back in a boat.

Comment

Lee Is Cool

Lee Et All,

Really cool.............................. Lee's Da Man !!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Sutter in any outboard was worth 3-4mph right off the bat. He could and did win starting from the front of the pack or the back. Put him in a tricky-handling Foti BU runabout, hang a top-heavy, iron-block A or B Anzani built by Hallum or Anderson and making at least three times the power of a stock B Merc on the transom, and records would fall.

Mr. Hobart had talent, too. There was a thread here with a photo of Deano in a mid-60's Karelsen ASH, a thread which seems to have disappeared immediately, so I'll repeat what I said there: Dean was not only fast, he was fast against a bunch of fast guys. I mentioned Dennis Lee, Ron Shew, Jim and Mike Downing, Mike Jones. ASH in Region 10 was super-competitive in those days, with full fields and eliminations even at little local races, and there were other guys who could also run up front. Maybe Dean will recall them for us.

Thanks for the link!!

(EDIT) How could I have forgotten Chip Hanauer?!! Little Chip got his start in that very competitive Sixties ASH scene, and has attributed much of his later success to what he learned there. One advantage of that particular class that he has cited was the fact that there was not a lot of power or accelleration on tap, so to have any chance, the driver had to read the water and the traffic so as to keep the boat flying and not get bogged down with rough water or the spray of other boats. A Stock Hydro was always fun to watch.
                          Last edited by Smitty; 10-23-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Great Promotion For Stock Outboard

This is a great video, which is basically a plug for Stock Outboard Racing and SOA.

How can we make this go "Viral" ???
                            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Great video! You guys do a great job.

Got to meet Lee last year when we were at Yelm, what a awesome guy.
                              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X