River Chase... Rock Falls, IL ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Chase... Rock Falls, IL ??????

Hello all.. I was wondering what ever happened to the River Chase that happened in Rock Falls, IL for several years?? I remember going to the races quite a bit as a teenager and now I happen to live across the street from Seward's Park where the race site was located. I called the local Chamber of Commerce, but the lady on the phone didn't really know what happened to it and said she would have the person that is in charge of local events call me tomorrow. I know that they are really pumping river front events since many buildings toward the downtown have been torn down and there is a very easy access all along the river. I think it would be a great venue again and I am more than happy to be a contact person to make this happen again if is wasn't something out of my control like water conditions and so on. This area has changed for the better in a big way since the races were held last. Anyone that has answers, concerns or comments... post away!

Thanks,
    Terry

I always enjoyed running there.....

but I suppose it was a combination of things that led to its demise. One of the main things I noticed was a downturn in the number of spectators. If fewer people come to watch it means the vendors (food etc.) are less likely to find the event profitable and are reluctant to come. There was also fewer racers attending so it becomes a chicken-or-the-egg kind of thing I guess. I personally would like to see it come back but I don't call the shots.

Comment

Working...
    X