D stock in boat video from Soap Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D stock in boat video from Soap Lake

Video from me testing Friday on the 3/4 mile record course at Soap Lake Friday. Lost mirror second lap, stopped to pick it up and motor would not re fire. Found out later that all three holes are way down on compression. Time for a rebuild!

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
    Video from me testing Friday on the 3/4 mile record course at Soap Lake Friday. Lost mirror second lap, stopped to pick it up and motor would not re fire. Found out later that all three holes are way down on compression. Time for a rebuild!
    "Video from me testing Friday on the 3/4 mile record course at Soap Lake Friday. "

Link?

Perhaps Daren would swap yours with a core exchange?.........Heck buy it to finish season and re-ring yours for next time?

Just curious since I'm interest'd in one of these.....I see several rebuilds mentioned this year......How much run time/flights are most get'n before rings?......Really impress'd with elec start.....work'd great at Lock Haven where we had to wait to side of ramp till next flight went out....Just push away from ramp wall, hit key and circle (slowly/no wake)....SWEET!

PS 2:45AM post time?....How's that convert EST?...Three hours dif?

PS....apolligies if I'm trespass'n on your yard...errrrrrr.... porch??.....LOL!!.....(Hope that's funny?)
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-16-2013, 01:55 AM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Steve,
      I bought my first Bass/Tohatsu in 2006. I had it broke in and dyno tested at Weinandt's shop. Then I took it apart for the first time to have the crank pins welded as a preventive measure. From 2007 to 2012 I raced it in four Top O' marathons, two short course marathons, and many many heats of short course racing. The only thing I did to it was replaced the reeds and water pump impeller annually. Both of those items are very easy to do on a Bass/Tohatsu.
      When I sold it, it still had very good compression and still ran excellent on the original rings.

Comment

Question

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
        Steve,
        I bought my first Bass/Tohatsu in 2006. I had it broke in and dyno tested at Weinandt's shop. Then I took it apart for the first time to have the crank pins welded as a preventive measure. From 2007 to 2012 I raced it in four Top O' marathons, two short course marathons, and many many heats of short course racing. The only thing I did to it was replaced the reeds and water pump impeller annually. Both of those items are very easy to do on a Bass/Tohatsu.
        When I sold it, it still had very good compression and still ran excellent on the original rings.
        That's a good history of running hard with very little done. What oil brand and ratio did you use?
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
          That's a good history of running hard with very little done. What oil brand and ratio did you use?
          Motul 800 2T factory line road racing oil mixed at 24:1.

Comment

Working...
          X