motor 102 or 302

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor 102 or 302

i have been reading some of the d stock motor threads. i was just thinking is it getting close to time to have to get the 302 to get up front . maybe not yet but sure looks like this could be the case very soon. last year was my first year and spent my money on a 102 . did i make the wrong move? what are some of your guy's thoughts on this? if so who will buy up the 102 or are we going to have a new class or just junk the 102 that can't keep up in csh . just want to hear some other guys thoughts on this dave

Your way off! I don't run CSH and I'm sure the guys who do will chime in on this thread, but trust me when I say some of the fastest CSH rigs in the country are powered by a Yamato 102.

Dont loose any sleep over this you can run your 102 for many years to come and run with the best in the country. Buying a 302 will not make you win a race. Its all about setup of your complete rig.

Yamato 302's dont win races its the whole package. Boat, motor and driver skill = running up front not a 302.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

102 or 302

When I started running CSR I bought a 102. I now have two 302's. I think my 102 was every bit as fast as my 302's...maybe faster. Lots of things factor into the mix...weight, prop, boat etc. Keep tweaking your setup and talking to other drivers. Your 102 should be fine.

Comment

O.k.

Yea, you'r right. You don't need that old 102, you should probably just send it to my house, I'll make sure it doesn't slow down any big time race boats, ha ha just kidding... my 102 is a prop spin'n, water sling'n, hydro push'n, monster.
        Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

I have three 302's and I am very happy with their performance. The 302 has a little more torque than the 102 and currently seems to be the motor in CSR because of this. Don't get me wrong, there are some very, very fast 102 CSR's. The 302 on the hydro is still a work in progress. Currently, the 102 is still a little more dominate on the hydro but us 302 guys are coming. It takes a little different prop because I have to find the top end to match the 102's. So, as the previous posts have stated, its up to the boat, motor, prop, set-up and driver. My favorite thing about the 302 is that they are currently available, as well as all parts and the electronic ignition is a blessing.
          Joe Silvestri
          CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
          JH/JR

Comment

Working...
          X