The Polish Invasion at Lock Haven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Polish Invasion at Lock Haven

This year, The Lock Haven Regatta will have an added international flair. Due to the efforts of The U.S. A-Team and The APBA Historical Society, "The International Goodwill Through Racing Program" will make it's debut at The Annual Labor Day Regatta on August 31-Sept 2. The Polish OSY-400 Driver Cezary Strumnik, along with his mechanic Marcin will be on hand to compete in the CSH and 20SSH classes. The U.S. A-Team would like to thank the efforts of The APBA Historical Society for introducing this program as well as The DVORA, which put Lock Haven on the UIM Calender allowing this driver to compete and also for scheduling Friday testing to give him a chance to familiarize himself with the course and the rig.

Some history: When the American team first traveled to Poland to compete in The World Championship in 2009, we were hosted by this driver and his racing club located in Chodziez, Poland. American drivers Tony Lombardo and Billy Allen were both borrowing boats to drive and, having no trailer nor equipment, the team was a bit unprepared for the event. Although organizing and competing in the race himself, Cezary Strumnik dropped whatever it was he was doing at the time to accommodate the under prepared Americans. "Charlie we need a gas can" we would say. "Five Minutes" would be his answer and sure enough he would appear five minutes later with a gas can for our use. "Charlie, we need horses to put under the boat". "Five minutes". And so it went all weekend long. In short the Polish people, and Cezary Strumnik, in particular were tremendous hosts and could not have been more helpful during our first UIM racing experience. When the races were completed we were treated by Cezary to a tour of the town along with the famous porcelain factory and lunch at the nicest resteraunt in town. He could not have been more gracious.

If you plan on attending the Lock Haven race, please take a few minutes to drop by the A-Team pits to introduce yourself and extend some American hospitality to these two gentlemen who have travelled so far to enjoy an American racing experience. You may even want to congratulate Cezary on winning the pole position this year at the Worlds. Cooler Bobski, ya?

Thank you,

Billy Allen
    Captain, U.S. A-Team
    Attached Files
    Fast Boats Rock!!

Looking forward to meeting them. We'll do our part to make sure they have a good time!
    John Runne
    2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

'Will visit Bill,

Hope Rachell save'd me my button down "A-TEAM" shirt!

PS, Thanks for lending me that prop my rookie year while at the Franklin, Pa. race when I could'nt git on plane with the motor Butch Kiddy lent me in ASH....Your prop you lent got me out there......Too bad Butch forgot to take the "J" restrictor plate out!!

Still my most priced trophy from the TRORA awards dinner that year...."Steve French The oldest "J" Driver"... (Steve Eckert present'n...With a grin).

Will have a shot of Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon for Ya'll................Much more kick than their Vodka!!
      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 08-25-2013, 04:41 AM.
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

This is awesome. We are stoked as a club to have them. I don't know how stoked he'll be after sticking his head in a cooler but hey.
        Shawn Breisacher

Comment

Billy, If Teddy is in for Cooler bobbing then so am I
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Seems to be a normal size chap

Why is Gladkowski such an enormous individual?

Comment

A little Polish to make them feel at home:

Powitania (phonetically: po it ta na) means "welcome"

Jak się masz (phonetically: yak see mas) means "how are you"

Their response: "dobre" means "good"

Then if they start with more talking back in Polish
              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Some Cool Stuff

Yo Billy, Et All,

This is what Boat Racing is all about... meeting new people and having continued friends.

I met Billy's dad..... Racer Allen in 1965 at the SO Nationals in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania.

Have lots of fun in Lock Haven and Cezary Strumnik... Beat Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy.... Got the Hoodie... Thanks.

Deano............................................. .........................................
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

LIKE!

...The Polish that I know...
                  Perogi = delicious!

Comment

perogi

Originally posted by 5-A View Post
                    LIKE!

...The Polish that I know...
                    Perogi = delicious!
                    Yes they are, my grandmother used to make them filled with potato and onions with sour cream as a topping
                    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
                    X