Oleopolis, PA Fun Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oleopolis, PA Fun Run

This is just a bunch of racers and/or people looking to try or enjoy the sport. We get some good testing in and have a good time. This year we will be having a fish fry free to anyone who comes. (bring a dish/beer if you like).
    This is on the Allegheny River, great view and a pretty good stretch of water to run.

Date is October 4th, 5th & 6th.
    See you there.
    Mike-45P
    Last edited by Mike45; 09-23-2013, 04:48 PM.

Fyi

We have parking but I will need to know approx. how many would like to do this. It is just a good time and no pressure of hurrying and winning. I have been recieving some PM's. We have a tow boat, rest rooms, plenty of camping space and good people all around.

Here are a few pics of last years.
    For more info please visit the thread from last years titled "Testing at Oleopolis"
    Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

I plan on showing up. I hope the wing is healed so I can bring a boat.
      Shoulder surgery s*&#s!!!

Sincerely,

Doug 87-P

Comment

Doug,

Left wing or right wing? As this is information we need so we can figure out which way to wedge you in the boat.

Plan on seeing you there,

Jeff

Jeff
        5-P

Comment

Left !!!

Comment

Fun Run date is coming fast. Would like to see you there. This is even a good time to wipe the dust off that old hydro and get some fuel/oil flowing through that old motor you dont race anymore or just get some GPS readings from that new/reworked prop or just to get one more run in before the rig goes in storage for the winter so it is ready for next season.

This is PA Fish commision approved

Comment

Mike,
              can you email me directions?
              Thanks, Jeff

stockoutboard@apba.org
              http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
                Mike,
                can you email me directions?
                Thanks, Jeff

stockoutboard@apba.org
                Sent it through your hydroracer e-mail link hope ya got it.

Comment

I did the MapQuest thing with....Rouseville Oleopolis, Pa. http://www.mapquest.com/#bc5bb44a90bd1ebf5cab7c3b

Last years thread https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24904 Last years thread.
                  Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-22-2013, 04:07 AM.
                  100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

I have a few questions but am planning on attending regardless
                    can I camp there- sm2man tent
                    can I bring my mutt- sm border collie listens very well usually
                    I do not have a boat cart- is that a prob. Doesn't look like a prob from the (great) pics- I have sawhorses
                    I do not have approved gear other than a motorcycle helmet. If that is not cool I will not run the boat but coming anyway
                    If a MC helmet & Walmart life jacket is acceptable I would love to run my early 60's D hydro 55H

I drove it last week at Schroon lake NY at the AOMCI meet - my first raceboat exp ever. High wind & lousy water cond but the boat ran fine.

I have been driving fast boats for 40yrs and the old man raced when we were kids KG9/Speedliner utility. But never drove a raceboat til last Sun...I loved it

I am totally nucking futz about old mercs and am bound & determined to do this even if only at the teeker level

Is it okay to come Fri night

Thank you
                    See you up there

George W Bressler
                    Harrisburg, PA

Comment

There is room for camping, I do not care what gear you bring as this is not a race although you must have a lifejacket, a helmet is not required for this so even if it is not snell approved you are good. (play it safe). As far as your dog I'm fine but just fyi others will be there.
                      Oh yea, Friday is good, some will be there Thursday.
                      Last edited by Mike45; 09-22-2013, 06:15 AM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by Mike45 View Post
                        Sent it through your hydroracer e-mail link hope ya got it.
                        nope, didn't work?
                        http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
                          nope, didn't work?
                          sent it regular e-mail.

Comment

Mike,Deck racing would like to come for the day Sat.Could you send me location and directions from Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by dpdeck View Post
                              Mike,Deck racing would like to come for the day Sat.Could you send me location and directions from Cleveland.
                              From Cleveland... Ok I'm sure you know how to get to 80, from 80 you go north on 8 to Franlkin/Oil City (Franklin Races) Stay on RT8 North past Franklin 8 miles to Oil City, stay on RT8 North another 3 miles to Rouseville at the only red light in Rouseville Take a right on 227 for about 3 miles You will see a Sign That reads Oleopolis (to the right) just follow the road to the end there you will see the river and all the race boats. (this is a paved road). If by chance you pass the road and need to turn around about 150 yards up the road is a Ma & Pa store you can turn around there.

You may use another route as you have raced in Franklin. I also have some fishing buddies from Mayfield hieghts that have a camp here.

In Rouseville I will have signs posted at the 227 intersection and at the turn off for Oleopolis.

(I revised the dates It is also Friday the 4th)

See you there.
                              Mike 45P
                              Last edited by Mike45; 09-23-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X