Flying to stock/mod nationals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying to stock/mod nationals.

I had a very hard time getting a ticket into the central New York area for nationals race. I think Nascar is racing in region August 10th....If you are looking to fly into any airport around Whitney Point I would not wait to book flight. Also...rental cars (stop laughing people that know my rental car history) are also hard to come by. David

Nascar

NASCAR'S Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen, NY Aug 11 may be the reason

Comment

Try Scranton/Wilkes Berre AVP
      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Buffalo is 3hrs west, Rochester only 2hrs.
        Brian Hendrick, #66 F
        "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Flight

For whatever reason Buffalo was very expensive....as was Syracuse. I use Travelocity to book my flights, and 3 times in a row found a decent fare, gave them info, and when it came time to pay a message came up saying fare was no longer available. Very frustrating, and in my mind borderline illegal. Finaly found a flight into Elmira, but could not get out until Monday. Dave

Comment

Thers a small regional airport right in binghamton. maybe yry to get a shuttle flight.

Comment

Nationals

I got a ticket into Elmira.....bout 50 miles from Binghamton.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Piggy View Post
                NASCAR'S Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen, NY Aug 11 may be the reason
                Also Pocono.PA is the Sunday before race! I went to that before the 08 nationals. Pretty fun! only nascar race i've been to.
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

If you guys fly into Rochester I can help out as I am only 30 minutes away from it. You are then only 2:30 - 3 hrs from whitney point.
                  Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                    Also Pocono.PA is the Sunday before race! I went to that before the 08 nationals. Pretty fun! only nascar race i've been to.
                    I'm thinking we might attend Pocono...
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Pocono

Four of us drove in my "rental car" down the Pocono in 08....just over the New York Pennsylvania border the tranny lunched itself...and we were stuck on the side of the freeway for something like 3 hours. What to do...well...KB and the boys cleared off a little area by the side of the road and finished off something like 30 beers waiting for the new rental car to arrive. Car finally got to us...and off we go. The racetrack is way off in the boonies.....you drive down these twisty country roads...thinking there is no way we are headed the right way...and all of a sudden here it is in this gigantic clearing. The track itself is huge triangle.....and you want to get seats up as high as possible to be able to see the whole race. We were seated pretty low and could not see much. BUt it was an experience to say the least. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                        Four of us drove in my "rental car" down the Pocono in 08....just over the New York Pennsylvania border the tranny lunched itself...and we were stuck on the side of the freeway for something like 3 hours. What to do...well...KB and the boys cleared off a little area by the side of the road and finished off something like 30 beers waiting for the new rental car to arrive. Car finally got to us...and off we go. The racetrack is way off in the boonies.....you drive down these twisty country roads...thinking there is no way we are headed the right way...and all of a sudden here it is in this gigantic clearing. The track itself is huge triangle.....and you want to get seats up as high as possible to be able to see the whole race. We were seated pretty low and could not see much. BUt it was an experience to say the least. Dave

"KB and the boys cleared off a little area by the side of the road and finished off something like 30 beers waiting for the new rental car to arrive"

........that figures......
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                          "KB and the boys cleared off a little area by the side of the road and finished off something like 30 beers waiting for the new rental car to arrive"

........that figures......
                          It was more like an 18 pack between slip and I....LOL

Don't know If i'll make Pocono this year, Pat is flying in on Sunday and probably will have to pick him up. But lookinng at hitting a Cubs game in Chicago Friday and a Pirates game in Pittsburg on Saturday.
                          Kyle Bahl
                          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Pocono

18 pack...hmm...I think I took a sip of one beer...but I do remember Slippery hitting it pretty hard. That actually was a fun road trip. Until the rental car lady mentioned that since we were upgrading to a midsize car from and economy car there would be an additional charge...I think ole Slippery got here straightned out...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                              It was more like an 18 pack between slip and I....LOL

Don't know If i'll make Pocono this year, Pat is flying in on Sunday and probably will have to pick him up. But lookinng at hitting a Cubs game in Chicago Friday and a Pirates game in Pittsburg on Saturday.
                              Maybe switching it up and heading to Baltimore Saturday. Mariners are playing the O's! Looks like Pittsburg Pirates friday!
                              Kyle Bahl
                              20-R

Comment

Working...
                              X