OMC A questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMC A questions

A friend that owns a dealership called me this afternoon about a 15hp OMC mid section and (fishing motor) lower unit. He wanted to offer the parts to racers before listing in paper, on eBay, etc.... Problem here is that I don't know anything about the OMC A motors!

If you need a 15hp mid (or lower unit) call Paul at 504-388-0062 or you can e-mail pdboats through www.byuboyz.com.
    Last edited by David_L6; 01-21-2005, 05:11 PM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

I bought it...

Nice guy, Paul is.....I bought the 15 parts...including a "CLUB FOOT"...I'm going to start a 15 STOCK FOOT CLASS, you know...Got four motors so far...

He has a new three cyclinder OMC crank he's like to sell...He owns an Johnson/Evinrude dealership not far from Hopkins Propeller Service....

Comment

Hi Ron i thought thats what u said on a diff site. what body will your class be sanctioned under? exactly what boats will be run, is this your nod class? of coaurse this bringss up a diff question i have had for a while what can be done a bout props the stock 15 thru hub props s*ck lol . but i bet u can build better ones i will say that we(my brother and i )spent some considerable time trying to find eqipment to race with. had your class been an option i would of jumped in !! if the speeds are not to boring .but i do thing it is a great idea

anything to help the sport GROW

Comment

I'm so dumb...

I'm so dumb, I think everyone wants to race.....and I think racing boats would be cool for a large part of the population....California has 30 million people and Southern California has 16 racers.....

Seems to me with the housing prices, in my area, over 800,000 average price, that some of these people could afford a 3-4 thousand dollar race boat....So, take money away from the problem....Why aren't more people racing???

Where are the races? Where are the boats? Is it something I could see myself doing??? If you open a taco stand but didn't have any tacos, you'd be out of business soon.... If you opened a taco stand and you told you customers to call this guy in Florida, he might have a motor...or call this guy in Texas, he has taco shells...AND if you want hot peppers, they are $350 each, and they come from Pennslyvania and you have to wait a month...

My thought on a 15 stock outboard class: I'd draw some plans, have Ernie Dawe build a boat or I'll build it myself......test it...make some changes, then build six...and race them at local races for "SHOW" between heats...
        Yes, I'll build a cool little four blade cleaver....and yes, the prop will have a claiming price..and yes the boat will be sit down, and yes, the boats will all be one design...Once the class is up and going, I covert all new drivers, to NEW motors...

Thanks for asking, I want to try and change everything I've seen wrong with boat racing over the last 40 years...we have a sport to save...

Comment

S.Cal racers.....

"California has 30 million people and Southern California has 16 racers....."

wow Ron, I did not know we had that many!!!!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

i truly think u have something here. when fishing it is as important to set the hook as it is to use the right bait for what u are after, i think u may have both assuming you have provisions to let the spectators do more than spectate since u are fishing for new racers.
            1: will this be any 15hp with stock foot? or omc only
            2: about how much for one of your props ?(for above mentioned foot)
            3: have u had much intrest in the midwest? (cause we know how u left coasters are a little left field) lol just kidding

4:do you have plans for the boat u want to run in this class?
            5: where do i sign up

i like it, the kids see a motor to race with ,dad sees a motor he can put on the old jon boat and fish with, mom sees slower races (not so scared she wont let her precious go have fun) more racers everybody happy

Comment

speaking of waiting a month or 6 has dewalt fallen of the face of the planet ?
              my bro ordered a prop last summer about june. no box from dewalt yet

Comment

Dewald Props..............

Call Craig at ( 610 ) 926-2964 or email at DewaldProp@aol.com . I talked to Craig at the Millville, NJ race last Fall about a prop and gave him a business card. I emailed him in November with a question about another prop and he replied to that email that he had misplaced my business card. Had my new prop in a couple of weeks and he repaired my other prop and sent it back in a matter of days! I, too have often misplaced a card or note with someone's phone number, email, etc. on it. It never hurts to follow up. Great prop and great service!
                DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

Dewalt ?

Dewalt builds powertools, Dewald builds worldclass props.
                  17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

rofl
                    yes very sorry
                    brain fart from to many years in construction i guess lol
                    sorry Mr Dewald

Comment

Working...
                    X