Mark 20H Resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark 20H Resto

I know this question has been asked (and answered) before...I just couldn't find the thread.

The question is: what is the correct color of the flywheel on a Mark 20H.

Some say black, some say olive green. Either color has a "semi-gloss" finish.
    If it makes a difference, this particular motor is an early production engine (136th one built).

Advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks....Joe

20-H flywheel

Every 20-H I have or seen has a dual gray finish. Check Aeroliner-boats.com for some photos. Also we publish a book on the 20-H in that we have four unmolested 20-H engines still with the seal on them along with about 15 others.

Alan
    Attached Files

Comment

What kind of Book?

Comment

See this page for book

http://aeroliner-boats.com/10.html
        The book is shown close to the end of the page.
        We also produce 20-H gaskets and some parts. The book describes how the 20-H should look. Lots of photos.

Alan

Comment

I thought you were located in FL?

Comment

Phelon painted all the flywheels gray that went on Mercurys the Bendix were a funny green color.
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

My new 1964 20H had an olive drab painted flywheel and I can only recall that color on other 20H's in that time.
              Bill Thomas

Comment

aeroliner

Originally posted by smirnoff View Post
                I thought you were located in FL?
                Alan's brother David lives in Fla. near New Symerna Beach
                "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBat View Post
                  My new 1964 20H had an olive drab painted flywheel and I can only recall that color on other 20H's in that time.
                  Bill Thomas
                  How long did they produce the 20H and Commode conversions?....They started in 1956?

Or, did it take that many years to sell all produced in da 50's?

My Crew Chief Archie told me he bought a brand new one around 1956-57 for under $500...........

PS.I have a gray 20H flywheel and a NOS one that is satin/semi gloss black.......also a KG-4 one that is machine'd/taper'd to 20H spec and I can't tell da dif in hub......same hub OD?
                  Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 06-21-2013, 03:02 PM.
                  100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

20-h

The 20-H was introduced in 1954. I bought a brand new 20-H in 1955 for $411 with a steering bar and brass prop. I think I have the price list some place. I still have the first 20-H with the dealer S/N tag you got for the warranty. Right now that engine is a conversion. David pick up the first kit that came into the NJ branch. Still have all the instructions.

Alan

Comment

20-H flywheel

I have seen and have a machined KG-4 flywheel to 20-H bore size. I would not use an A machined flywheel on a conversion for real racing in A MOD. The boss on the A flywheel is slightly smaller and when you look at the thickness at the keyway it could be a source of a problem. If your building a display engine it would be a great place to use it and save the real one for racing. I can post some photos if you like.

Alan

Comment

My mistake on year. It was a 1954 model I bought from a Mercury dealer. Motor, Van Pelt BU and TE Nee trailer for $600. He had it for some time. Winning boat for racing in Lake Erie but I got skunked when I started racing in TROA. Came in next to last first TROA race. Took a fellow racer with me with another Van Pelt. He saved me from coming in last.
                        Bill Thomas

Comment

Working...
                        X