STOCK OUTBOARD CATEGORY MEETING
    101ST ANNUAL MEETING
    Atlanta, Georgia
    January 27-29, 2005

I. CALL TO ORDER

II. OPENING CEREMONIES
    a. Pledge of Allegiance.
    b. Invocation.
    c. Moment of Silence for Members who have passed away in the last year.

III. OATH OF NEW MEMBERS

IV. APPOINTMENT OF SECRETARY- Mike Ross

V. ROLL CALL

VI. 2004 CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
    a. 2004 Chairman’s Report
    b. Membership Statistics Presentation, Dean Sutherland
    c. Chairman’s Direction

VII. APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEES

VIII. APPROVAL OF ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA

IX. MANUFACTURERS’ REPORTS
    a. Yamato
    b. Hot Rod
    c. Bass/Tahatsu
    d. Others

X. OLD BUSINESS
    a. Approval of Decisions of Race Committees and Referees for 2004

b. 2005 Championship Reports
    i. Closed Course Nationals, Dayton, Ohio, August 10-13, 2005
    ii. Winter Nationals, Ocoee, Florida, March 11-13, 2005
    iii. SO Marathon Nationals, Indian River, MI, August 20-21, 2005

c. 2006 Championship Reports- Closed Course Nationals, Wakefield, MI

d. 2004 Awards
    i. Hall of Champions Inductees
    1. Jon Palmquist, Region 5
    2. Dean Sutherland, Region 6
    3. J. Michael Kelly, Region 10
    ii. Gerald Waldman Award: Gary Lewis, Region 12
    iii. Henry Menzies Award: J. Michael Kelly, Region 10
    iv. Rookie of the Year: Jennifer Przybyla

e. Boat Supplier List Project

f. Engine Supplier/ Mechanic List Project

g. Accessory Supplier List Project

h. Race Site Development Project

XI. NEW BUSINESS

a. Bids for 2005 45 Nationals
    i. Closed Course
    ii. Marathon

b. Bids for 2005 Divisionals
    i. Northeast
    ii. Southeast
    iii. Central
    iv. West- Bakersfield, CA, March 5-6
    v. Marathon

c. Bids for 2005 North American Championships

d. Bids for 2006 Winter Nationals
    i. Pineville, Louisiana

e. Bids for 2006 Marathon Nationals

f. Bids for other Future Events

g. Racing Rule Changes
    **Racing Numbers Rule

h. Safety Rule Changes

i. ASH Tuck-Under Restriction

ii. Cold Water Racing
    Proposal: To mandate that when racing in water with a temp below 55’ F, that a heat must be stopped if a driver goes into the water and the driver must be removed from the water as soon as safely possible.

Reason: To prevent the possibility of Hypothermia in drivers and take the guesswork away from Referee’s, untrained in this health risk.

iii. Collapsible Pickle forks, etc.
    Proposal: To mandate that by January 2006 all Hydroplanes and Runabouts must have at least 4’ removable/collapsible sponson tips for Hydros or a 4’ blunt nose for Runabouts.

Reason: To prevent the further injury due to sharp, hard, non-forgiving points from hitting other competitors.

i. High Point, Awards or Hall of Champion Changes

i. High point Championship: 15 to 12 races
    ii. State High Point Championship: limit to same as National
    iii. Gerald Waldman Award: Limit to first 13 races plus Nationals and Divisionals
    iv. Hall of Champions points: High Point from 5 to 4 points.

j. Inspection Manual
    Report: Don Hagerl

k. Class or Engine Changes
    i. A Classes

ii. B Classes

iii. 25 Classes

1. 25SSR
    a. Remove Mercury Restrictor
    b. Legalize Mod Engines
    c. Make 25SSR Rules identical to B Mod Runabout Rules
    (Restrict modified Y-80 engine)

iv. 20SSH

v. C Classes

vi. D Classes

1. Approval of Bass/Tohatsu Engine

l. Technical Changes
    i. OMC A Engines

ii. Mercury A Engines

iii. Hot Rod Engines

iv. Yamato Engines
    1. Allow the drilling or slotting of the Yamato model 80/102/302 rods, for lubrication purposes only, and use the Modified Outboard rules as a guideline.
    2. Yamato 80 gears- Aftermarket gear set with the same 14:16 ratio is legal. The pinion gear must have 14 teeth and the propeller shaft gear must have 16 teeth.
    3. Proposals for Yamato Classes- TJ
    2004 Inspection Manual

Yamato 80 motor

3. The 16mm Yamato prop shaft may be welded and a new shear pinhole drilled. In any case only one shear pin is allowed.

>Delete this rule as it is covered by rule 4.

8. Any type thrust bracket is allowed.

>Add: It is permissible to drill two holes at the front of the cavitation plate to facilitate the mounting of a thrust bracket block. (Same as rule 18 in the 102/302 specs.)

16. It is not permissible to fill holes in the exhaust pipe holder to fit the exhaust pipe.

>Delete this rule as it is covered by rule 34.

20. Mufflers, expansion chambers, or other exhaust system components must remain as furnished by the manufacturer.

>Delete this rule as it is covered by rule 34.

23. It is permissible to mill the cylinder head within the H and I dimensions. No changes may be made to the combustion chamber. It is not legal to remove any of the squish band from the head in spite of the H or I dimensions. This means that there must be a visible ledge surrounding the squish bans.

>Delete this rule as there are no H and I dimensions.

33. It is legal to re-machine the squish band to match the Modified rule angle 15 degrees +/-2 degrees, 2.350 +/- 0.015.

>Add from rule 23: No changes may be made to the combustion chamber. There must be a visible ledge surrounding the squish band.

34. Require the drilling of relief hole on old style exhaust elbow. The hole is required. Minimum diameter of the hole to be .187” (3/16). There is no maximum dimension, as a larger hole will only diminish performance. For reference, the hole is located approximately .500” (1/2) to the rear and .440” (7/16) above the current slot. The Y-102 drawing in the 2001 Inspection Manual may be referenced for visual approximate location for this hole.

>Re-word to read: There must be an exhaust relief hole in the exhaust elbow and pipe assembly. The old style elbow may be drilled to simulate the new style elbow. Minimum diameter for the hole is .187” (3/16). There is no maximum dimension, as the larger hole will only will only diminish performance. For reference the hole is located .500” (1/2) to the rear and .440” (7/16) above the current clamping slot, or the hole may be drilled in the pipe at the top of the clamping slot.

Yamato 102C and 302F motor:

3. It is permissible to use any fuel fittings provided threads in the tank and carburetor are not changed. A fuel filter may be added to the fuel line.

>Delete this rule as any tank can be used (rule 4) and there are no threads in the carburetor.

4. It is permissible to enlarge the fuel tank or build a complete new tank. If the tank is removed, the tank-mounting bracket may be also removed.

>Add from rule 3: A fuel filter may be added to the fuel line.

7. Any type thrust bracket is allowed.

>Move rule 18 to rule 7. It is permissible to drill two holes at the forward end of the cavitation plate to facilitate the mounting of a thrust bracket block.

13. It is permissible to mill the cylinder head within the H and I dimension. No changes may be made to the combustion chamber. It is not legal to remove any of the squish band from the head in spite of the H and I dimension. This means that there must be a visible ledge surrounding the squish band.

>Re-word to read: It is permissible to mill the cylinder head within the H and I dimensions. No changes may be made to the combustion chamber. (Rule 20)It is legal to re-machine the squish band for repair purposes only. The angle is 15 degrees +/- 2 degrees, 2.612 =/- 0.015.

18. Move to rule 7.

20. Move to rule 13.

v. Mercury 25 Engines

vi. D Engines

Proposal 1: Add a new specification to the table of the MERCURY/MARINER 44XS SPECIFICATIONS (CLASS D) of the 2004 Stock Outboard Inspection Manual. The new specification states: Port Chamfer Tolerance: .030.

Rationale: Engine builders have been chamfering the ports in Mercury “D” motors for several decades. These engines have consistently passed inspection. However, the SO inspection manual has never explicitly stated that port chamfering is legal.

Proposal 2: Add the following sentence to the list of specifications for the MERCURY/MARINER 44XS SPECIFICATIONS (CLASS D) of the 2004 Stock Outboard Inspection Manual. Any starter housing manufactured by Mercury Marine that bolts to the cylinder block/case assembly with no modification to the starter housing or cylinder block/case assembly may be used.

Rationale: Mercury Marine has continued to refine the starter housing. The currently produced starter housing is a better (stronger) housing than the original 44XS starter housing.

Proposal 3: Add the following sentence to the list of specifications for the MERCURY/MARINER 44XS SPECIFICATIONS (CLASS D) of the 2004 Stock Outboard Inspection Manual. Gears produced by Dennis Hansen are legal replacement parts for Mercury gears. Only gears manufactured in the 14:14 ratio may be used.

Rationale: Mr. Hansen has acquired the tooling to produce Mercury gears. He is using Mercury’s original supplier to produce the gears.

m. Runabout and Hydro Rule Changes
    i. ASR- due to any JR or AXSR changes

n. Fuel Rule

o. General Modifications

XII. OTHER MATTERS

XIII. ADJOURN
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

commission agenda's

IMHO the publishing of this agenda is a real service to all the stock catagory
    members. Would that the PRO Commission Chairman have the same consideration for that membership,so as to eliminate the "surprises" that havecome up at the past several meetings. If ALL the PRO members knew what was to be discussed, perhaps attendance at these meetings would improve and less problems arise after the fact because rules were passed or proposed without widely disseminated advance knowledge. Remember guys KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
      Proposal: To mandate that by January 2006 all Hydroplanes and Runabouts must have at least 4’ removable/collapsible sponson tips for Hydros or a 4’ blunt nose for Runabouts.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Ed, 4' sounds extreme for a Runabout tip and a Hydro sponson tip, give us a little break here.

Comment

great service to so

thanks ed for the heads up
        paul

Comment

Ed,

Are we going to T-Con like you mentioned before to knock off some of the items prior to the meeting in Atlanta????

Also, I think I emailed you on the rules (to Do***ent) on racing the Merc in the A class at higher transom heights and some other mods that could be made a couple of years ago. We need to do***ent what as agreed to so members understand what they can and can ot do. Please have this info available for the meeting next week.

Thanks
          Steve
          64*W

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Hey Ed, 4' sounds extreme for a Runabout tip and a Hydro sponson tip, give us a little break here. [/QUOTE]

ya, no kidding Bob!! I sure as heck hope Ed meant to type 4"!!!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Back to where the boat is 4" across minimum linear or 4" square ... or 4" back from the front?

What radius would be exempt?

Mr. Z would have to change his ways ..... did he make any that wouldn't need to be reworked?

Comment

Working...
              X